Senior Client Support, Group Pension and Risk Administrator, Norwich/Bury St Edmunds (TB-1814)
Senior Client Support, Group Pension and Risk Administrator
Salary £30,000 - £32,000 p.a DoE
Hybrid working from Norwich/Bury St Edmunds
We are working with an award winning Chartered Financial Planning firm based in East England.
This firm have recently been awarded “Best Employer in the Eastern Region”. The judges rated them highly in every category and employee well-being, individual development and comprehensive reward and recognition strategies stood out.
They now have an opportunity for an Administrator from an Employee Benefit Background to join the support team.
- You will be responsible for providing administration and general support to an Employee Benefits Consultant in the day to day running of client accounts across a portfolio of pensions and group risk. benefits.
- You will co-ordinate and undertake all administration in relation to the schemes including updating member data, processing monthly payments, ensuring that the contributions are correct, renewals, claims data, communication materials, governance meetings and other associated queries.
- As a Group Pensions & Group Risk Administrator you will be responsible for providing pro-active administration support to the Consultant in order to retain and expand existing client accounts and to help develop new business.
- Manage annual renewal and market reviews for existing SME schemes
- You will liaise with insurers to negotiate preferred terms, attend client meetings and draft recommendation reports.
- Support and develop junior team members to enable them to be as efficient and effective as possible
- You will come from an Employee Benefits background and have experience in administering Corporate pensions such as GPP’s, including knowledge of Automatic Enrolment Duties & Salary Exchange
- You'll have experience in administering a portfolio of clients with Group Risk contracts including Group Life, Group Income Protection and Group Critical Illness Schemes
- You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, a reliable working attitude and a professional client focused approach with experience of dealing with a range of SME and Corporate clients
- Team Player
- Well organised and able to prioritise
- Curiosity and willingness to learn and improve
- You will ideally hold professional qualifications R01 essential, GR1 and R05 not essential but you would be required to work towards these
Benefits & Rewards
- Competitive Salary
- 5% Pension Contribution
- Subsidised Healthcare
- Life Cover and Income Protection
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday + Christmas to New Year shut down + 1 day for Birthday + 1 day for Volunteering (subject to line manager approval)
- Professional Subscriptions, Exams and Study Resources paid for
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Initially this role will be fully office based to enable appropriate training and development to take place but once established there would be an option to work up to 2 days a week from home.