IFA Administrator, London (TB-1733)
Role: IFA Administrator
Our client, a highly successful financial planning firm, are looking for an IFA administrator to join their London team. Due to their strong belief in developing and maintaining long-term and trusted client relationships, the firm are eager to find an individual who possesses honesty, loyalty, integrity, and an excellent work ethic. As the successful individual, you will be required to provide comprehensive administration support to the firm’s financial planners while also working closely with the paraplanning team.
- You will provide pro-active administrative support to the adviser team to ensure an efficient and smooth service.
- You will deliver top quality administrative support and customer service in line with company strategies, policies, and procedures.
- You will ensure that new business is processed accurately and is promptly passed across to the business support team manager to check.
- You will ensure that all client files are compliant and that any compliance requirements are dealt with swiftly.
- You will ensure that all ongoing client servicing requirements are dealt with in an effective and efficient manner while also ensuring regular updates are provided.
- You will ensure that all incoming post, incoming emails, and outgoing emails are saved to the back-office system without delay.
- You will deal with incoming phone calls while also taking messages for colleagues.
- You will liaise effectively with all key business stakeholders (including, advisers, clients, colleagues, providers, and introducers).
- You will ensure that clients are offered a review meeting at least once a year as per company procedures.
- You will assist in the researching and obtaining of illustrations required within the pre-sales process.
- You will partially complete application forms for the pre-recommendation phase. You will also finalise the completion of application forms for the post-recommendation phase.
- You will organise the completion of relevant compliance forms and checklists as per company procedures.
- You will accurately process new business applications using appropriate systems; This includes logging, front-end vetting, pre-input checks, underwriting acceptance, policy production, policy distribution and maintaining the up-keep of all client files.
- You will ensure that all ongoing client servicing requirements are dealt with in a prompt and efficient manner while also ensuring that regular updates are provided to all key stakeholders.
- You will create and maintain an appropriate diary system to help you operate in an efficient, effective, and professional manner.
- You will arrange meetings with clients on behalf of the financial planners.
- You will send confirmation of appointments via email and letters.
- You will prepare for meetings by pulling together all mandatory documentation.
- You will update all relevant electronic files, policy details and valuations to ensure accurate reporting; You will also ensure that all actions are recorded on the back-office system so as to give a full audit trail of events.
- You will review meeting notes and record actions post meeting; You will also carry out relevant actions accordingly.
Required Skills, Experience and Knowledge
- You will have a willingness to complete relevant training and obtain qualifications for the current role and future development; R01 (Financial Services – Regulation and Ethics) is desired but not essential.
- You must be proficient in MS Office systems; Experience of working with Intelligent Office, Adviser Office and Curo is desired but not essential.
- You will have the ability to be pro-active and work using your own initiative while utilising problem-solving and decision making skills.
- You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills along with exceptional planning and organisational skills.
- You will be analytical, accurate, precise and possess a strong eye for detail; You must be able to demonstrate reliability, discretion, confidentiality, and flexibility.
- You must be confident in liaising with colleagues, clients, and external providers; You will have a positive attitude and always be ready to assist others.
- You will be self-motivated and have a strong desire to maintain a high professional standard through an excellent work-ethic; A strong ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure is imperative.
- You will have experience of working in a busy and dynamic office environment; Experience of working within financial services is essential.
- You will always have a strong desire to achieve and maintain a level of competence as required by the business; You will also regularly review your own training needs and implement change where necessary.