Paraplanner, Aylesbury (TB-1666)
Salary: Up to £50,000 Basic Salary + Benefits
Our client, a well-established and successful wealth management firm that deliver a comprehensive holistic financial advice service to their clients, are looking for a paraplanner to join the team. The firm are eager to find an individual who possesses honesty, loyalty, integrity, an excellent work ethic as-well as a strong knowledge of the role and the industry. This role offers flexibility to work from home and the office as-well as ongoing training and career progression if desired.
- You will handle existing client queries wherever possible. This includes providing valuations, portfolio updates and demonstrations on suitability and sustainability (to meet the clients’ stated needs and objectives) as-well as presenting product knowledge based technical information to clients and other contacts, when required.
- You will be required to provide support on fund research and analysis, product comparison and analysis as-well as charges analysis. This will include investment portfolio and asset allocation analysis; As part of this work, where appropriate, you will be required to quantify and analyse the clients existing investments.
- You will be required to produce technical and accurate suitability reports that detail the recommended advice to suit each client’s needs. You will also need to record, monitor, and report on progress as-well as report any obstacles or deviations from the agreed timescales. You will also be required to prepare client service agreement letters.
- You will be an integral part of the advice process helping the advisers to increase business income. This includes assisting in the management of the advisers’ client commitments, diary planning and management of fee income.
- You will be part of compliance preparation and general administration duties while also helping out further team members wherever possible. This includes providing support with ad hoc projects and tasks where necessary.
- While compiling all required illustrations, projections, and associated documentation, it is your responsibility to ensure that all work is completed to comply with business quality standards.
- You will follow company duties under the Proceeds of Crime Act & Data Protection Act as-well as embrace the firm’s policy and commitment to the principle of Treating Customers Fairly.
- To prioritise daily activities and respond effectively and efficiently to enquiries.
- To be professional and tactful in all areas of communication with clients and other contacts.
- To provide support to the team, when required, in addition to own duties.
- To build an ongoing relationship with clients and key stakeholders.
- To take ownership of problems and ensure their successful resolution.
- To maintain a high standard of technical knowledge.
- At least 2 years paraplanning experience.
- You will hold the Level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning (or equivalent qualification). Level 6 is desired but not essential.
- You will have a working knowledge of and proficiency in research tolls such as Select a Pension, FE Analytics, Exchange, Assureweb and Cashflow Forecasting tools along with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook. Experience of back office systems such as ‘Intelligent Office’ is preferred but not essential.
- You will have excellent communication skills both verbal and written as-well as excellent attention to detail; An excellent telephone manner will be vital.
- You will be an exceptional team-player who has strong inter-personal skills as-well as the ability to work efficiently on own initiative. It will be paramount that you can work well within a team environment and build effective working relationships.
- You will be able to prioritise and manage your workload through excellent organisational skills, time management skills, administrative skills, and the use of your initiative.
- You must be able to be adaptive, proactive, and have the ability to re-organise tasks at short notice; A proven ability to react to the changing needs of the business and the financial services industry is desired but not essential.
- You will have a desire to grow professionally by developing both new and existing skills as-well as your level of technical knowledge.