Administrator, Aylesbury (TB-1659)
Role: Financial Advice Administrator
Salary: Up to £35,000 Basic Salary + Benefits
Our client, a well-established and successful wealth management firm that deliver a comprehensive holistic financial advice service to their clients, are looking for an administrator to join the team. The firm are eager to find an individual who possesses honesty, loyalty, integrity, an excellent work ethic and a strong knowledge of the role and the industry. This role offers flexibility to work from home and the office as-well as ongoing training and career progression if desired.
- You will be required to provide a proficient and proactive administration support service for the firm’s Advisers.
- You will assist the Advisers in the procurement and processing of new business, the servicing of existing clients, and the provision of an excellent service to all clients.
- You will at all times adhere to the strict FCA regulations and guidelines as-well as the rigorous internal policies and procedures.
- You will produce and collate all the relevant pre-meeting paperwork for the client including, portfolio valuations, application forms and numerous regulatory documents.
- You will prepare and process all new business applications and documentation ensuring that all procedures and compliance requirements are adhered to while the agreed service/business quality standards are met.
- You must ensure that all fees in relation to business processing are produced and chased as required.
- You must carry out all required anti-money laundering (AML) checks.
- You will follow through all business processing to completion, closely monitoring the progression of each case while ensuring the Adviser and the client, when required, are kept updated.
- You will deal with queries from Advisers or colleagues, taking the appropriate action to ensure the query is dealt with in a timely and effective manner.
- You will deal with written and verbal enquiries from clients and key stakeholders, taking the appropriate action and updating all records as required.
- You will deliver an excellent client service in accordance with FCA guidelines, internal policy and procedure as-well as company service standards.
- You will ensure that all information on the back office systems is accurate and up to date.
- You will prepare correspondence for the Advisers, as and when required.
- You will hold the CII qualifications CF1 or R01 as a minimum.
- You will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience within a busy financial advisory sales support / administration role.
- You will have a working knowledge of and proficiency in research tolls such as Select a Pension, FE Analytics, Exchange, Assureweb and Cashflow Forecasting tools along with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook. Experience of back office systems such as ‘Intelligent Office’ is preferred but not essential.
- You will have excellent communication skills both verbal and written as-well as excellent attention to detail; An excellent telephone manner will be vital.
- You will be an exceptional team-player who has strong inter-personal skills as-well as the ability to work efficiently on own initiative. It will be paramount that you can work well within a team environment and build effective working relationships.
- You will be able to prioritise and manage your workload through excellent organisational skills, time management skills, administrative skills, and the use of your own initiative.
- You must be able to be adaptive, proactive, and have the ability to re-organise tasks at short notice; A proven ability to react to the changing needs of the business and the financial services industry is desired but not essential.
- You will have a desire to grow professionally by developing both new and existing skills as-well as your level of technical knowledge.