Sales Manager / Independent Financial Adviser, Colchester (TB-1624)
Role: Sales Manager / Independent Financial Adviser
Package: Up to £55,000 Basic Salary + Bonus + Benefits
Our client, a well-established and successful independent financial advisory firm, are looking for an experienced, charismatic, and driven sales manager / financial adviser to join their team. Due to their strong focus on developing and maintaining long-term and trusted client relationships, the firm are eager to find an individual who possesses honesty, integrity, and an excellent work ethic.
As a result of a period of continued success and growth, the firm are now eager to bring an experienced individual in to the management team so that the company can continue its growth for the foreseeable future. It will be imperative that the successful individual will have a strong ability to manage their own responsibilities while also monitoring others. Moreover, it will be crucial that the successful individual will be able to provide clients with a high-quality advisory service while still conducting their management duties. As the successful individual, you will be given the opportunity to gain future equity within the firm via their company share plan.
- You will be responsible for managing a small team of regulated financial advisers who provide financial advice across the South-East and some wider geographical areas.
- You will develop objectives, business plans and targets for the individual members of the team and deliver results as agreed with the Directors.
- You will be responsible for developing, coaching, and motivating the advisers while ensuring performance targets and company standards within the FCA regulatory framework are achieved. This will include regular performance assessments throughout the year.
- You will ensure delivery of personal development analysis while also monitoring the advisers CPD. You will also be responsible for your own professional development.
- You will work with the Directors to formulate plans and develop marketing and prospecting objectives.
- You will help with recruiting and retaining new and existing financial advisers.
- You will meet with prospective clients on a regular basis and provide them with a high level of service while conducting meetings in line with company expectations.
- You must outline with your clients the type of on-going service that they wish to receive.
- You will plan, work towards, and generate a pipeline that sufficiently meets your pre-agreed business targets.
- It is crucial that you contact all leads supplied within an agreed timescale and then update the business with progress as appropriate.
- You must utilise the research panel when selecting the tailored advice for your clients.
- You will ensure that all client files are kept up to date and well maintained.
- You must construct investment reports in line with company standards.
- You will communicate effectively with the administration team and other resources.
- It is important that you provide clear and accountable management information.
- You will have a strong financial services background – IFA experience would be preferred but banking will also be considered. You must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a financial advisory management role.
- You will hold the Level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning (or equivalent) with J07 (requirement to pass in 12 months if not already held). Level 6 / Chartered Status is desired but not essential.
- You will have proven success as a business leader with commercial and organisational awareness.
- You will have excellent knowledge and practical experience of the advisory process within financial services.
- You will have strong leadership, coaching and management skills as-well as being a confident and charismatic individual with excellent sales and presentation skills.
- You must have exceptional interpersonal and organisational skills.
- You will be driven and highly motivated to achieve and exceed business targets.
- You will be eager to develop your career and will therefore possess a strong understanding of how you would like to achieve this.
- You will have the ability to work individually as-well as part of a team.
- You will be IT literate.