Personal Injury and Court of Protection Administrator, Bury (TB-1611)
Our client is a well-known and established Financial Advisory firm who have offered Independent Financial Advice for more than 40 years. The company provide holistic, tailored Financial Advice to both individual and corporate clients across the United Kingdom. They are looking to recruit an Administrator to work within the Personal Injury and Court Of Protection Team (PICOP).
- To provide specialist financial advice to solicitors and clients within the Personal Injury and Court of Protection arena. This team is one of only a small number of specialist teams within the industry.
- You will work closely with the broader team, and alongside the Paraplanners to support the PICOP Advisers.
- The key function of the role is to deliver a proactive, efficient support service to the Adviser while providing an excellent service to Clients, Solicitors, Barristers and the Court Funds (within the courts). You will be in frequent communicating with Clients (their families and legal representatives) who may have sustained severe or life-changing injuries and who must be handled with empathy and patience at all times.
- To provide a comprehensive administration service to the teams unique Personal Injury Trust Service.
- To liaise with clients, ensuring all relevant Trust documentation is issued correctly.
- To liaise with third parties, acting as the contact for on-going queries including client support with benefit and HMRC queries.
- To produce the relevant paperwork for the client, on behalf of the Adviser, including, quotations, illustrations valuations and client reports.
- To process new business documentation in accordance with the agreed service and quality standards. To incorporate the issuing and chasing payment of invoices.
- To ensure that the information on the database is accurate and up to date.
- To carry out efficient and effective diary management for the PICOP Advisers.
- To act as the point of contact for all new enquires
- To assist with queries from Clients, Solicitors/Barristers, taking the appropriate action to ensure the query is dealt with in a timely and effective manner.
- To proactively deliver a technical support and excellent client service
- To develop and maintain good working relationships in order to provide an efficient and effective service to the Advisers and the Clients.
- To assist in the coordination of Corporate events on behalf of the PICOP Advisers, to incorporate sourcing appropriate venues and facilities, collating speaker notes and seminar packs and liaising with marketing to organise inviting attendees and the provision of Corporate gifts.
- Proven experience within an administration role within the financial services industry
- Experience within a sales support role within financial services would be preferable, but not essential
- Experience of working with a wide range of Financial Services products
- CFP or CFA is desirable. Or the equivalent experience within the industry
- A good understanding of Personal Injury Trusts is desirable
- Good knowledge of regulatory requirements
- A good understanding of investments
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Educated to A level standard would be preferable
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Works well in a busy, changing and pressurised environment with strict timescales
- The ability to show great empathy with clients
- An excellent team player with an adaptable and flexible approach to work
- Accurate keyboard skills
- Good analytical skills
- Basic holiday entitlement of 25 days plus bank holidays (this increases with service and you can also buy extra days in our holiday purchase scheme)
- An extra day off on your birthday
- Participation in the Company’s Flexible Benefits Scheme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Death in Service - 4 x basic salary
- Training and professional qualification support
- Opportunities for career progression