Mortgage and Protection Adviser, South East (TB-1559)
Role: Mortgage and Protection Adviser
Location: London and Home Counties
Package: Self-Employed + Clients + Opportunity to move into an employed role
Our client, a well-regarded and successful IFA network, are seeking a mortgage and protection adviser to join their team. The company are proud of their ability to consistently provide top quality independent financial advice while establishing greater opportunities to further develop the business and its proposition; As a result, the firm are eager to grow their client offering within the mortgage sector. As part of the role, you will receive client/lead generation, full back office support, professional development opportunities and guidance whenever required. Furthermore, as part of a wider organisation, you will also have the opportunity to develop into a full holistic financial adviser where you will then have access to a broader client proposition. However, if you do not wish to progress into a financial advisory role, you will instead have the opportunity to take on a more senior role within the mortgage team.
- Liaise with new and existing clients about their mortgage and protection requirements.
- Present recommendations that meet the client’s needs in line with company processes.
- Obtain satisfactory supporting documents to support a mortgage or protection application.
- Uphold the business expectation of providing an exceptional service to clients throughout the mortgage application process.
- Liaise with any associated 3rd parties as required to complete a transaction.
- Submit applications on behalf of clients and remain a point of contact throughout their service lifetime with the company.
- Provide clients with information on any further areas supporting their mortgage application.
- Contact all leads supplied within agreed timescales and provide feedback via the agreed business processes.
- Adhere to the company mortgage and protection proposition.
- Maintain and ensure client files are kept up to date to ensure the audit trail of advice, service and transactions is maintained in full accordance with business standards.
- Ensure the IT systems are used and information on them is kept up to date to meet business standards and line management requirements.
- Provide sufficient management information to respond to the needs of line management to understand the business activities you are or want to be engaged in.
- Communicate in an effective manner with your administration team or dedicated resources.
- Undertake ongoing continuous professional development and enhance technical knowledge in specialist areas.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- CeMAP or CF6 qualified - R05 is desired but not essential
- Previous experience of working as a successful mortgage and protection adviser.
- Highly competent and confident in advising clients.
- Strong presentation, organisation, and interpersonal skills with a drive to succeed.
- Excellent telephone and face-to-face manner.
- Motivated to develop new and existing skills/knowledge.
- Ability to work on own initiative as-well as part of a team.
- Competent IT skills.