Mortgage and Protection Adviser, Birmingham (TB-1547)
Role: Mortgage and Protection Adviser
Package: Up to £30,000 Basic Salary + Bonus + Benefits
Our client, a long established and well regarded financial advisory organisation with a solid reputation for providing clients with trusted long-term advice, are seeking a mortgage and protection adviser to join their team. The company are proud to provide independent, holistic advice to clients on a wide range of products that complement the clients' personal goals and objectives; As a result, the firm are eager to develop their client offering within the mortgage sector. As part of the role, you will receive client/lead generation, full back office support, professional development opportunities and guidance whenever required.
- Work to the professional development scheme requirements and regulatory standards as issued by the company.
- Complete the company’s mortgage and protection adviser proficiency training course.
- Liaise with new and existing clients about their mortgage and protection requirements.
- Present recommendations that meet the client’s needs in line with company processes.
- Obtain satisfactory supporting documents to support a mortgage or protection application.
- Uphold the business expectation of providing an exceptional service to clients throughout the mortgage application process.
- Liaise with any associated 3rd parties as required to complete a transaction.
- Submit applications on behalf of clients and remain a point of contact throughout their service lifetime with the company.
- Provide clients with information on any further areas supporting their mortgage application.
- Contact all leads supplied within agreed timescales and provide feedback via the agreed business processes.
- Adhere to the company mortgage and protection proposition.
- Maintain and ensure client files are kept up to date to ensure the audit trail of advice, service and transactions is maintained in full accordance with business standards.
- Ensure the IT systems are used and information on them is kept up to date to meet business standards and line management requirements.
- Provide sufficient management information to respond to the needs of line management to understand the business activities you are or want to be engaged in.
- Work to the professional development scheme requirements and compliance standards as issued by the company in accordance with the training and competence scheme.
- Communicate in an effective manner with your administration team or dedicated resources.
- Undertake ongoing continuous professional development and enhance technical knowledge in specialist areas.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- CeMAP or CF6 qualified - R05 is desired but not essential
- Previous experience of working as a successful mortgage and protection adviser.
- Highly competent and confident in advising clients.
- Strong presentation, organisation, and interpersonal skills with a drive to succeed.
- Excellent telephone and face-to-face manner.
- Motivated to develop new and existing skills/knowledge.
- Ability to work on own initiative as-well as part of a team.
- Competent IT skills.