Training and Development Manager (TB-1540)
Role: Training and Development Manager
Location: South West Region
Salary: Up to £48,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Our client, an award winning and well recognised financial planning firm, are looking for a training and development manager to join their compliance team.
- To assist in the design, implementation, delivery and recording of individual and group training activity. This will incorporate the training requirements of both advisory and non-advisory responsibilities.
- To provide senior managers and advisers with ongoing development, coaching and training support to enable them to achieve their highest potential, in terms of sales skills, supervision skills and technical knowledge.
- To aid the regions senior managers in fulfilling the requirements of the company’s training and competency rules. Alongside the senior managers, you will ensure that all advisers maintain high levels of competence and compliance throughout.
- To support all new advisers in achieving competency (CAS sign-off for advisers) in an effective and efficient timeframe. You will ensure that all new advisers are able to meet company processes and standards consistently while maintaining productivity.
- You will assist the senior managers in monitoring adherence to all company policies as-well as assessing the knowledge and skills of the company workforce. You will use this as a means of identifying risk and highlighting key training requirements.
- Liaise with the senior managers to identify individual and group training needs at a local and national level.
- Assist in the development and delivery of training programmes to address local training needs.
- Assist the head of professional development in the design and implementation of national training programmes/support materials as-well as participate in the delivery of the training.
- Provide tailored coaching to advisers and supervisors to assist them in achieving personal and company goals.
- Assist in the delivery of company induction programmes to provide a positive introduction to the company for new entrants.
- Provide efficient and effective training in company processes and practices so that all employees can be signed off from their induction.
- Co-ordinate and lead the delivery of knowledge and skills training for advisers and supervisors until they are deemed to be competent.
- Assist the senior managers in the completion of live client meetings and / or roleplays to further develop the adviser’s knowledge and skills.
- Assist the senior manager in maintaining robust development plans and training records.
- Support the regulated individuals in the completion and recording of CPD as-well as company mandated proficiency testing.
- Under the direction of the head of professional development, ensure company resource is employed efficiently. This may include participating in the delivery of training activity outside of your usual regional responsibility.
- Attend all meetings to ensure clear understanding of team objectives, priorities, and issues. You will also participate in the planning and delivery of training elements from these meetings.
- Report any emerging or formed risks to the head of professional development.
- Demonstrate best practice in the field, in accordance with the company’s objectives, policies and standards.
- Provide absence cover for fellow development managers as required.
Knowledge & Skills
- Hold the level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning. Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning or J07 (Supervision in a Regulated Environment) are desirable.
- Experience of working in a regulated financial services environment as-well as a proven track-record of achieving sales targets.
- Experience in the identification of training needs and delivery of training to regulated individuals and non-advisory staff.
- Experience in the design and implementation of training programmes and supporting documentation.
- Excellent Coaching, Presentation, Influencing, Sales, Organisation, Planning and Time Management skills with an attention to detail and an ability to handle change.
- Excellent rapport building skills with a strong ability to deliver result through others.
- Ability to demonstrate required level of technical knowledge and application of qualifications in the IFA environment.
- A comprehensive working knowledge of the FCA’s Principles for Businesses and Conduct of Business rules.
- Experience in the construction of financial planning advice, either in an advisory, paraplanning or research capacity.
- Understanding of the corporate advice market and associated advice areas, including Auto Enrolment, workplace pensions, employee benefits and business protection. As-well as a Detailed understanding of retail finance including protection products, investments, pension products and tax planning solutions.
- Good understanding of the T&C regime within a principles-based regulation model and focus on the appropriate customer outcomes.
- Working knowledge of the implications of the Retail Distribution Review with reference to the area of adviser qualifications and Continuing Professional Development.