Pension Technical Paraplanner, Bath (TB-1429)
The key purpose of the role is to deliver both detailed calculations using in-house tools, to prepare technical pension advice and provide technical research services to the BMA Advisers across the company in order to assist them in the delivery of advice and ongoing services to prospective, new and existing BMA clients, and the delivery of an in-house Transfer Value Analysis Report service to all advisers.
The role holder will be responsible for analysing and compiling complex pension taxation and TVAR reports to the highest standards in conjunction with the BMA and other Advisers, in order to assist with the achievement of business targets while ensuring compliance with Business Quality Standards at all times.
Working with BMA and Private Wealth Advisers nationwide - and in conjunction with the advisers’ administrative support - you will be responsible for assisting the Advisers in achieving their fee income targets, meeting client servicing commitments and complying with the firms business quality standards and advice processes.
The Technical Paraplanners help in supporting approximately 200 Advisers, based in 14 locations across the country.
The Pension Technical Adviser will be responsible for the continued development and training of the Pension Technical Paraplanner, involving them in internal, branch sales and regional BMA meetings, report writing, marketing and other initiatives, and technical training and development activity.
- Conduct an in-depth and comprehensive analysis of clients’ financial planning with particular regard to NHS Pension Scheme benefits, the impact of the Lifetime and Annual Allowances and complex planning strategies around pension funding opportunities particularly for NHS Pension Scheme members;
- Undertake complex pension benefit analysis;
- Run BMA calculator scenarios ensuring all data is relevant and accurate;
- Compile detailed pension illustrations, projections and associated documentation;
- Handle adviser queries, as required;
- Ensure client files comply with the company business quality standards;
- Assist in checking peer calculations and reports;
- Assist Pension Technical Specialist as required;
- Assist the Head of Advice Services as required;
- Provide support with ad hoc projects and tasks where necessary, representing Advice Services appropriately;
- To assist with any new business initiatives, as required.
- Private Client Advisers/BMA Advisers
- Private Client/BMA Administrators
- Senior Managers
- Head of BMA Services
- Business Quality/Legal & Regulatory Teams
- Head of Advice Services
- Advice Services
- Product providers
- Professional Partners and
- To develop professionally and achieve high levels of technical knowledge
- To continually excel and progress within a busy, professional support environment
- To act in a professional manner at all times
- To work towards the CII Advanced Diploma