Investment Analyst (TB-1422)
Role: Investment Analyst and Writer
Package: £50,000 + Benefits
Our client, an award winning and well recognised financial planning firm, are looking for an Investment Analyst/Writer to join their portfolio management and investment team. As the successful individual, you will develop and maintain the firm’s investment fund panels as-well as assist in the running of their new fund selection service. To be successful in this role, it is essential that you have experience of conducting fund research and analysis in addition to having excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The role is instrumental in the development and maintenance of the firms’ investment fund panels and it will require you to work closely with external research companies and product providers as-well as carry out in-house research.
- To understand the economic setting and market environment in order to define and deliver the company’s annual strategic and quarterly tactical asset allocation and supporting commentary.
- To write the company’s quarterly investment commentary and any other market commentary for both internal and external use.
- To have a detailed knowledge of funds and products in order to create and develop fund and product panels, answer queries, provide guidance internally and to maintain ongoing management of advisory model portfolios.
- To define and review panel criteria to ensure it remains fit for purpose and implementing changes as appropriate.
- To write and maintain company guidance on the sell process, asset allocation and portfolio construction, in addition to providing fund descriptions and product specific wording for use in the firms’ paraplanning process.
- To meet fund providers and fund managers, in order to stay up to date with funds and market developments.
- To ensure a clear and detailed audit trail exists for panel decisions and that guidance is delivered to guarantee that the company maintains appropriate systems and controls.
- To ensure that all company systems and tools are kept up to date with appropriate fund panels.
- To answer fund panel and technical queries, providing supporting written guidance, as appropriate.
- To support the reporting of the investment fund panels on the company intranet.
- To respond to any off-panel requests, in conjunction with the advice services team, as required.
- To assist with the day-to-day management of the select discretionary service, including the provision of fund research and contribution to asset allocation decisions and fund selection.
Diploma in Financial Planning Level 4 (or equivalent) with any of the following in addition ……
- Certificate in Discretionary Investment Management - J10
- Investment Management Certificate – IMC
- Level 4 Certificate in Investment Management – CISI
The firm would also like candidates to be working towards or have achieved the Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning/Level 6 Status.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior role within research or product provider relations.
- Experience of developing and running investment fund panels.
- A deep understanding and experience of retail collectives and insurance funds.
- Proven success at building and managing relationships with third parties.
- Experience of working within a high pressure/professional environment.
- Knowledge of the platform market including assets held, costs and charges.
- Experience of business development and project management.
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent project management and IT skills.
- Detailed and current knowledge of the financial services industry with an appreciation for financial advice regulatory standards.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and planning skills.
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail and ability to work on own initiative.
- The ability to work well within a team environment and build effective working relationships.
- Demonstrate an in-depth awareness and technical knowledge of the industry’s various products and services.
- Knowledge of various advice and research tools including ability to conduct and assess detailed technical calculations.