Corporate Consultant, Glasgow (TB-1389)
Role: Corporate Consultant
Package: £40,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Our client, a successful and well-respected financial planning firm, are looking for an individual to join their corporate team. It is imperative that you have experience and a thorough understanding of providing holistic financial planning to both corporate and private wealth clients. Furthermore, as the successful candidate, you will be required to provide an exceptional service with the FCA principles of “Treating Customers Fairly” at the forefront of your work.
- To identify business opportunities from new and existing clients and to develop a business plan that generates a profitable pipeline to meet your agreed business targets.
- To proactively identify and engage in appropriate business generation activities to drive forward new client acquisition.
- To agree fees with clients and have an up to date corporate client agreement for all existing schemes.
- To analyse the information gathered by matching clients’ needs and objectives in line with compliance standards and prevailing market conditions.
- Produce appropriate recommendations in a timely manner.
- To present recommendations to clients, utilising presentation and behavioural skills to gain commitment to proceed and obtain relevant documentation to do so.
- To provide an excellent client service to your active client bank as agreed at outset with clients and documented in the service agreement. There is to be a minimum of at least one annual servicing meeting per client with the key decision maker.
- To conduct all client meetings in line with company business standards.
- To maximise the business potential from the company’s existing introducer relationships.
- To contact all leads supplied in an agreed timescale with line management and to provide feedback on all leads via agreed business processes.
- To provide ample management information to respond to the needs of line management to understand the business activities you are or desire to be engaged in.
- To operate always in accordance with company and regulatory requirements and within the levels of authority defined by line management.
- Keep up to date with company practice, compliance manuals as-well as the company training and competence scheme.
- To maintain and ensure client files are kept up to date to ensure the audit trail of advice, service and transactions is maintained in full accordance with the good business standards.
- To construct advice reports ensuring all information is correct and that the content meets the criteria set by the company.
- To ensure the IT systems are used and all information is kept up to date to meet good business standards and line management requirements.
- To undertake ongoing continuous professional development.
- To continuously develop and maintain an up to date and in-depth knowledge of market and legislative conditions to enable the highest standards of advice to be given and increase technical knowledge in specialist areas.
- Hold the Diploma in Financial Planning.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a client facing advisory role.
- Up to date knowledge of market and legislative conditions, company good business standards, FCA requirements and the principles of treating customers fairly.
- A confident and charismatic individual with excellent sales and presentational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and telephone manner.
- Strong ability to effectively manage key accounts
- High quality personal organisational skills.
- Driven and motivated to deliver business targets.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
- IT literate.