Infrastructure Engineer (TB-1324)
Role: Infrastructure Engineer
Salary: £40,000 - £48,000 + Benefits
Our client, a well known and successful financial advisory firm, are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join their Manchester team. This role will see you take responsibility for the day to day management of all the company internal systems as well as being the technical lead and final internal escalation point for the specialist support team. The role will require you to be both pro-active and re-active to ensure that all matters are dealt with efficiently and swiftly.
- Infrastructure management - maintain core systems, including but not limited to datacentre hardware, virtualisation technologies, networking, microsoft windows and linux servers to avoid unavailability with proactive maintenance.
- To resolve incidents escalated by the service desk and technical support analyst.
- To maintain all technical aspects of IT infrastructure while conducting training and mentoring to the IT support team.
- Develop and maintain the delivery platform for end users.
- Assist in the design of new services to deliver to the business.
- Responsible for preventative security measures, especially for server and core infrastructure, including but not limited to firewall, antivirus, mail filter, web filter, data encryption and end points.
- Responsible for IT business continuity environment and testing.
- Manage the technical support analyst, ensuring that all issues are worked through and all project work is completed to a high standard and delivered on time.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Technical skills to support and develop the current environment.
- Problem solving techniques and capabilities.
- Strong communication (written and oral), interpersonal & organisational skills.
- Up to date knowledge of IT technology with an eagerness to undertake further training where necessary.
- Organised and self-motivated.
- Strong knowledge of the following: VMware, HP Blade Infrastructure, SAN technologies, Windows Server, Citrix XenApp Application/Desktop Delivery, Cisco networking, Active directory management, Microsoft Azure and 365 and Microsoft Exchange server.