Regulatory/Compliance Adviser (TB-1323)
Role: Regulatory/Compliance Adviser (non-sales)
Salary: up to £45,000 + Benefits
- To contribute to and operate the risk-based monitoring programme within the firm’s distribution channels, group functions and operational departments.
- To perform risk-based monitoring within all areas of the firm to ensure adherence to business, legal and regulatory standards and to carry out monitoring activity to help mitigate against risks as identified by company policy.
- To advise management regarding the company risk system including regulatory obligations and adherence to regulatory responsibilities.
- To work with the principle owners of the monitoring reports to ensure that issues identified are closed and systems put in place to prevent a re-occurrence.
- To act as a key point of contact for the regulatory advice team and work closely with the wider risk and compliance function.
- To act as an expert compliance resource to work on company projects and initiatives where such resource is required.
- To create the risk-based monitoring programme, to implement and deliver this programme to the required processes and standards within the regulatory team.
- To track, collate and communicate the risk-based monitoring programme results to managers and staff within the company.
- To have a responsibility for conducting monitoring on non-advice areas; such as investment, operations, finance and HR.
- To work closely with the risk department to ensure results of monitoring are incorporated into the risk framework.
- To ensure that remedial actions arising from monitoring activity are completed, any training needs identified, action plans implemented and followed through by managers and procedures or systems are changed to prevent re-occurrence.
- To ensure understanding of company regulatory standards and controls by managers and staff both across the private wealth and corporate teams to identify potential areas of risk.
- To operate L&R policies and procedures as defined.
- To maintain and operate effective risk-based monitoring procedures, processes and tools.
- To carry out and implement business projects and engage in liaison with external bodies including third party suppliers and other professional bodies engaged to work with the company.
- To carry out thematic reviews to ensure the firm and its clients do not suffer detriment from operational activity.
- To act as an expert compliance resource on company projects, acquisition activity and other initiatives for the growth and the expansion of the firm.
- To develop an understanding and awareness of the full range of regulatory rules and regulations as applicable to the company and to be capable of acting as a compliance expert when contributing to wider projects and initiatives.
- Ideally Investment Compliance Diploma (minimum Investment Operations Certificate).
- Good understanding of retail investment products, FCA regulated financial services firms and Discretionary Fund Management.
- A comprehensive working knowledge of the Financial Services and Markets Act, FCA Handbook and Principles for Business.
Commercial Acumen / Strong Written and Oral Communication / Influencing / Decision Making / Change Management / Delivering Operational Change / Teamwork / Planning and Self-Management / Coaching / Audit and Monitoring / Ability to Extract and Identify Issues of Potential Risk
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a compliance role with a first-class knowledge of monitoring, risk management and current regulatory issues.
- Experience of risk-based monitoring systems and audit procedures.
- Experience of delivering operational change and improving regulatory and business standards.