Business Process Manager (TB-1322)
Role: Business Process Manager
Salary: £33,000 + Benefits
Our client, a well known and successful financial advisory firm, are looking for a business process expert to join their Manchester team. You will provide comprehensive and consistent business process training and technical support to the branch and central operations teams, in order to support and develop the performance and competency of the firm’s administrators to a high standard. You will be required to ensure that all personnel within your remit deliver an efficient, effective and timely administration service to the advisers and their clients as-well as continuously adhering to FCA regulations and internal policy and procedure. This role will require you to work closely alongside the firm’s Operational Improvement Managers and various Operations Managers.
- To deliver the induction and training course for all new administrators, according to the induction timetable.
- To provide comprehensive and consistent training for all new administrators on all aspects of the administration business processes and procedures, to a high standard. Adhering to internal policy and procedure, company service standards and FCA guidelines.
- To train the existing administrators on any changes to company policy, processes/procedures to a high standard in accordance with FCA and company guidelines.
- To organise and deliver refresher training sessions to both individuals and teams in order to address any issues identified by department audits and individual development plans.
- To write the appropriate supporting reference material, guides and handouts, to accompany the training event.
- To provide technical support and guidance where appropriate, referring the more complex matters to the Operational Improvement Manager or Head of Operations.
- To keep the Business Process Reference guides up to date with any changes to process / procedures or systems.
- Demonstrate best practice in the role, in accordance with the company’s objectives, policies and standards and FCA guidelines.
- To highlight any skills and knowledge gaps within the operations teams to the relevant Operations Managers.
- To develop and maintain accurate training records for all new starters within the Operations function, monitoring and recording their progression towards competency in the role.
- To proactively deliver and promote excellent client service in accordance with FCA guidelines, internal policy and procedure and company service standards.
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with the Operations teams, Regional Operations Managers, Senior Managers, Advisers and Central Operations and Central Service teams in order to ensure effective communication across the business.
- To contribute to a variety of project work, as and when required. This will include taking responsibility for initiatives, in order to progress the ‘high performance team’ work stream within the company’s evolution programme.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in an administration role within the financial services industry, ideally within an IFA.
- Experience of training on a one to one basis and in a group environment.
- Certificate in Financial Planning or an equivalent Financial Services qualification.
- A good knowledge and understanding of financial products.
- Good knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Good knowledge of Intelligent Office and Virtual Cabinet.
- Experience of working within defined service standards, policies and procedures.
- A proven track record in delivering excellent client satisfaction.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and accuracy skills with high attention to detail.
- Excellent administrative, planning and organisational skills.
- A team player with an adaptable and flexible approach to work to suit business needs and changing priorities.