Personal Injury and Court of Protection Administrator (TB-1289)
Role: Personal Injury and Court of Protection Administrator
Location: Central London
Salary: Up to £28,000 + Benefits
Our Client is looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join their administration team. You will be required to assist in the complete administration service for the firms’ advisers within the Personal Injury and Court of Protection (PICOP) team. This role will also work closely with the lead administrator within the team, and alongside the paraplanners, supporting the two PICOP Advisers.
You will be working with the lead administrator and paraplanners to support and assist the advisers in the procurement and processing of new business and the servicing of existing clients, solicitors and related third parties i.e. investment companies and accountants. Within this role, it is crucial that you adhere to strict Personal Injury Trust, FCA, HMRC and DWP regulations and internal policy and procedure.
The successful candidate will be able to deliver a proactive and efficient support service to the advisers while providing an excellent service to Clients, Solicitors, Barristers and the Court Funds (within the courts). As the role holder will be in frequent communication with clients, their families and their legal representatives, you must have high levels of empathy and patience as these individuals may have sustained severe or life-changing injuries.
- Working closely with the lead administrator to provide a comprehensive administration service to the teams unique Personal Injury Trust Service.
- To liaise with clients, ensuring all relevant Trust documentation is issued correctly.
- To liaise with third parties (banks, solicitors, benefit agencies, HMRC), acting as the contact for on-going queries including client support with benefit and HMRC queries.
- To produce the relevant paperwork for the client, on behalf of the adviser, including, quotations, illustrations valuations and client reports.
- To process new business documentation in accordance with the agreed service and quality standards. To incorporate the issuing and chasing payment of invoices.
- Through the DFMs, to efficiently and accurately facilitate client requests regarding withdrawals, income and tax queries and to ensure the quarterly fee statements are received on time.
- To ensure that the information on the database is accurate and up to date.
- To carry out efficient and effective diary management for the PICOP Advisers.
- To act as the point of contact for all new enquires from Clients, Solicitors and Barristers.
- To assist with queries from Clients, Solicitors/Barristers and DFMs, taking the appropriate action to ensure the query is dealt with in a timely and effective manner.
- To proactively deliver a technical support and excellent client service in accordance with Personal Injury Trust, FCA, and HMRC regulations, as well as internal policy and procedures and company service standards.
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with the advisers, DFM’s, Solicitors/Barristers, colleagues and management in order to provide an efficient and effective service to all.
- To provide support for ad-hoc projects and research relevant to the PICOP team.
- To assist in the coordination of corporate events on behalf of the PICOP advisers, to incorporate sourcing appropriate venues and facilities, collating speaker notes and seminar packs and liaising with marketing to organise inviting attendees and the provision of corporate gifts.
- Proven experience within an administration role within the financial services industry.
- Experience within a sales support role within financial services would be preferable, but not essential.
- Experience of working with a wide range of Financial Services products.
- CFP is desirable or the equivalent experience within the industry.
- A good understanding of Personal Injury Trusts is desirable.
- Good knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- A good understanding of investments.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Educated to A level standard would be preferable.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written.
- Works well in a busy, changing and pressurised environment with strict timescales.
- The ability to show great empathy with clients.
- An excellent team player with an adaptable and flexible approach to work.
- Accurate keyboard skills.