Regional Operations Manager (TB-1229)
Role: Regional Operations Manager
Location: Northern Region
Package: Up to £40,000 + Benefits
Our Client is looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated operations manager to oversee, motivate and develop a team of multi-site client support teams to ensure that they provide an efficient, effective and timely client support service to company clients. The successful candidate will enjoy travel as they will need to commit to working from each northern region office at least once every 2 weeks (Manchester, Liverpool, Glasgow, Sheffield, Leeds and Preston).
People Resource Management
- To manage the day to day activities of all their direct reports in order to maximise staff performance and capability.
- To ensure work is allocated appropriately within the team to account for workload and skills daily, utilising the full capacity of Client Support resources available.
- Ensure appropriate prioritisation of activity and tasks to maximise the Client Support teams within each team to provide an efficient and effective Client Support service.
- To manage attendance, sickness and holiday to provide required staffing levels.
- Motivate and develop the team over multiple locations
- To implement training and development plans for each team member. Individual performance and development to be managed through regular 1:1’s, annual appraisals and objective setting.
Service Levels/Process and Procedure
- To monitor service standards in line with Company Standards to ensure that the Client Support teams deliver work to the Advisers and the Clients within the agreed service levels. To take remedial action as and when necessary.
- To carry out regular monthly recorded audits and implement and monitor all procedure changes to ensure standardisation and provision of excellent service to clients.
- To ensure that the Administration teams always operate to the required FCA standards and internal processes and procedures.
- To work with the Head of Operations on the achievement of the business goals by regular monthly meetings to review headcount, current admin capability, procedural changes, costs etc.
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with Senior Managers and Advisers; as well as the Central Operations Management team to ensure a smooth and accurate flow of information within the teams.
- To communicate information to the team in an accurate and timely manner including regular update sessions within admin team meetings.
- To assist the administrators in developing and maintaining effective working relationship with their Advisers by ensuring mechanisms are in place to encourage regular and clear communication between them.
- To supervise the multi-site team on a day to day basis dealing with basic issues as they arise and tackling more complex issues with support and guidance from the Head of Operations
- To take the lead role in dealing with any performance, capability or conduct issues. Managing underperformance within the team via Performance Improvement Plans and through to disciplinary action where appropriate.
- To be a source of technical expertise and guidance on a wide range of financial products. Providing coaching and support to the team to ensure they meet the requirements of the role on a day to day basis.
- Contribute to the creation of clear client driven service standards and achieve agreed service quality including TCF principles
- To ensure all changes in system procedures are implemented across the team, monitored, audited and strictly adhered to.
- To deal with complex queries from clients, Advisers or colleagues, taking the appropriate action to ensure the query is dealt with in a timely and effective manner.
- To proactively deliver a high level of technical support and excellent client service in accordance with FCA guidelines, internal policy and procedure and company service standards.
- Excellent administrative planning and organisational skills
- A team player with an adaptable and flexible approach to work to suit business needs and changing priorities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build and develop effective working relationships
- Strong leadership and management skills with proven ability to motivate and deliver through others
- Comprehensive knowledge of a wide range of financial products, including employee benefits products
- Good knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Full Level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in an administration role within the financial services industry, with Corporate and Private Client experience
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience of managing a team of ‘Operations’ based staff
- Proven experience of carrying out 1:1 review meeting, performance appraisals and proven ability to effectively manage underperformance
- Experience of recruitment and people development
- Experience of working within defined service standards and procedures
- Good track record in delivering customer satisfaction
- Management experience in a Financial Services environment