Business Analyst (TB-1123)
Role: Business Analyst
Salary: Up to £40,000 + Benefits
Our client, a well-established and respected independent financial advisory firm, are looking for a business analyst to support the firm across several teams within the company. This role will see the successful candidate supporting key projects, investigating business change and providing analysis to multiple systems that enable the firm to operate more effectively.
- You will evaluate the use of IT and assess areas for improvement. This will include meeting with business representatives.
- Provide a dedicated Business Analysis resource as required.
- Improve processes by proactively reviewing and recommending changes to drive efficiency and client care.
- You will constantly gather and record operational business change requirements in a formal system which will be prioritised and developed upon when appropriate.
- Produce detailed specifications by conducting formal analysis and working with 3rd parties
- Design and document processes and solutions based on business requirements. This will be built by the development team but may require your assistance.
- Be responsible and accountable for leading, controlling and documenting the business change management process.
- Co-ordination of tender processes when an external solution is required.
- Work with stakeholders to deliver projects on time and within budget. This will include senior management, project sponsors and the project co-ordinator.
- Manage the User Acceptance Testing of changes from 3rd parties and in-house development to ensure that they satisfy business requirements and project objectives.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A strong understanding of financial services operational and advice processes
- Knowledge of User Acceptance Testing processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an eye for detail.
- Very strong communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to multitask and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to create important documents via Microsoft Products.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a Business Analyst Role or an Operations role within an IFA setting + desired experience within a PRINCE 2 environment. Experience of working within a client facing role would be beneficial also.
- Proven experience of the following; writing business & functional specifications, conducting system design and documentation, presenting solutions to business users, working within a change management environment.