Business Quality Adviser, Manchester (TB-1080)
Great opportunity for a Business Quality Adviser to join a well regarded IFA firm in Manchester.
The Company are proud to provide independent, holistic advice to clients on a UK wide range of products that complement the clients' personal goals and objectives.
The company provide career progression, a competitive salary and an excellent range of employee benefits.
- To carry out business quality reviews in accordance with the risk-based business quality monitoring programme
- Assess the quality of advice and adherence to business standards and regulatory requirements and identify material risks to clients
- Provide feedback to advisers and sales management on the risk identified, together with the actions necessary to manage or mitigate the risks.
- Assist in training of new advisers and Paraplanners and remedial training of advisers where required
- To carry out client file reviews to determine whether the suitability of advice against business standards and regulatory requirements and identify material risks.
- Determine compliance with the Conduct of Business and ensure that clients have been treated fairly
- To provide effective feedback and direction of the remedial action required to manage or mitigate the material risks identified
- To ensure that the remedial actions are addressed through to a successful conclusion
- To ensure that all reviews are completed in a fair and consistency manor in line with the defined standards for business quality assessments
- To record and maintain appropriate records for all files or transactions reviewed that will be sufficiently robust for both internal and external audit purposes
- To provide timely and accurate management information when required to support the Business Quality and Complaints Manager’s reporting obligations
- Assist in providing Business Quality training to advisers and Paraplanners as required
- As and when the business requires, as the Business Quality and Complaints Teams skills are largely interchangeable, and as such the role may include assisting in the assessing and handling of Complaints as per the Complaint
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Communication - oral and written
- Influencing Skills
- Change Management and Teamwork Skills
- Planning and Self-Management
- Financial Planning Certificates 1, 2 & 3
- Diploma in Financial Planning / Level 4 Qualified (or progress towards) with emphasis on the exams relating to personal financial planning
- Good understanding of retail investment products
- A comprehensive working knowledge of the FCA’s Conduct of Business rules
- Ability to extract and identify issues of potential risk
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a business quality assessment/review
- Experience in providing clear and detailed feedback and guidance
- Previous experience as an Adviser preferable
- Competitive Salary
- Basic holiday entitlement of 25 days plus bank holidays (this increases with service and you can also buy extra days in the holiday purchase scheme
- An extra day off on your birthday
- Participation in the Company’s Flexible Benefits Scheme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Death in Service - 4 x basic salary
- Training and professional qualification support
- Opportunities for career progression - reward your loyalty with professional development
- Rewards and Initiatives
- Employee Assistance Programme - offering support to colleagues via telephone and online