Group Risk Adviser
We’re delighted to partner with a leading, award-winning Financial Services firm who have an opportunity for a Group Risk Adviser to join them in their Weybridge or London office.
The purpose of this role is to further develop the companies Group Risk & Healthcare area of the business by providing support to Partners from a centralised team. The proposition allows Partners to utilise the team to manage existing Group Risk & Healthcare schemes as well support the development of new opportunities. Working in a team of 10, the role is to support Partners & the Head of Group Risk & Wellbeing to manage an existing portfolio of Group Risk & Healthcare clients. The successful candidate will need to be highly numerate, personable, very conscientious and extremely thorough. Most important is a strong desire to do an excellent job, to get things right first time and to have a naturally excellent customer services ethic. Travel to client premises will be required.
- Overall responsibility for a block of Group Risk schemes for a range of corporate clients, which will include:
- Fact Find/initial advice calls
- The preparation of quote specifications, review of quotations, negotiation with insurers and preparation of review/renewal reports.
- Sign off Executives Advice reports where required
- Face to Face and telephone advice meetings with clients
- Answering and dealing with inbound calls from clients, employees and benefit providers.
- Management of the new business process for leads
- Any required initial calls with the new lead
- Liaising with the partner and any insurers
- Completion or sign off of Insight Report
- Attending any kick-off meetings or presentations as required
- Ad Hoc project work which may include
- Assisting Head of Group Risk & Wellbeing with Board reports
- Any necessary catch up projects (e.g. for submissions or fees)
- Drafting of technical articles and reports for compliance sign off
- Assist during absence of Head of Group Risk & Wellbeing
- Assist Head of GR&W with implementation of processes for team
- Ensure familiarity with, and stay abreast of, developments within the industry, including changes in products and legislation.
- Assist with training of new team members
- To participate in appropriate company and departmental training, competence and development initiatives, including any internal licensing requirement.
- To continuously meet the regulator’s Fit & Proper requirements.
- Contribute positively as required to the broader group risk & healthcare team and initiatives.
- CII GR1 and IF1 qualified or equivalent
- Previous experience working within an Insurer, Employee Benefit Advisory environment as a Group Risk Adviser
- Excellent understanding of Group Risk products and the market
- Proven track record of building rapport and strong relationships with clients, staff and advisers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an excellent telephone manner.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Solutions oriented, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Previous experience of managing junior members of staff (Desirable)