£40,000 - £45,000
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK’s most innovative Financial Services firms. The company are passionate about partnering with high-quality, forward-thinking companies to provide innovative technology to streamline their infrastructure, growth capital to further develop the companies, or discretionary investment solutions to drive your proposition. Offering a tailored solution to deliver value to Financial Adviser firms and their clients.
We are looking for an accountant (or equivalent qualified person) to provide financial, accountancy and commercial expertise in support of the Head of Acquisitions and the Finance Director. The role is responsible for providing support on equity investments in third-party businesses, including pre and post-acquisition analysis of financial and other key business data. The applicant will also be involved in the process whereby the company buys firms and client-banks, as well as the provision of loans to existing partners to support business development. There will also be a requirement to work closely with the Finance department in carrying out prescribed tasks that adhere to accountancy standards.
Key Activities & Responsibilities:
- To complete financial and business information gathering when in the initial stages of engagement with potential acquisition partners.
- Analysis of business data including a review of accounts; review of business processes and client outcomes; and analysis around “business fit.
- Prepare valuation models and internal rate of return calculations in line with our valuation processes and parameters.
- Provide ongoing performance data analysis post-acquisition, including preparation of internal management information.
- Support our partners when they acquire a business or client bank.
- Complete financial analysis of companies which they are seeking to buy, whether via asset or client-bank purchase.
- Review partner narrative and cash-flows when the company provides funding to support business development.
- Provide support to the Finance Director on ad-hoc accounting requirements in relation to audit process, generation of ongoing management information and other prescribed activities.
- Accountancy or equivalent financial services recognised qualification.
- Ideally 3+ years post-qualification experience in accountancy or financial services.
- Proven ability to marry financial and commercial analysis and drive opportunities to completion for the mutual benefit of Benchmark and our partner firms.
- Strong analytical skills and a meticulous eye for detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong client facing skills.
- Highly self-motivated with a desire to add value to the role, to Benchmark and to our partners
- Be adaptable to an environment where deadlines and priorities can change rapidly.
- A desire to self-develop, including study towards further professional qualifications and additional industry training.
- Strong IT skills, specific competence in Word and Excel.
- Good administrator.