Our client is an award-winning firm of Independent Financial Advisers with an excellent reputation for creating impartial financial solutions for both individuals and companies. For more information on the business please get in touch.
The company is looking to recruit an ambitious Resolution Accredited IFA, with a view to growing their presence within this specialist field.
For more than 10 years, a small team of consultants led by the company’s IFA has provided Expert Witness Reporting for Family Law Courts throughout the UK.
Because of the impending retirement of the adviser, the company is looking to recruit an ambitious Adviser to join the team at a senior level with a view to growing their presence within this specialist field. The successful candidate will be the firm’s Expert Witness for the purposes of providing the Family Law Courts with proposals as to how pension matters are treated within divorce settlements.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
The successful candidate will be expected to either have, or be able to quickly acquire:
• A fully qualified IFA with the level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning (as a minimum)
• A strong knowledge of pensions
• Able to quickly acquire an understanding of pensions sharing and attachment in the divorce settlement as governed by the Pensions Act 1995 and the Welfare Reform Act 1999.
• Acquire an understanding of the research and reporting recently completed by the Pensions Advisory Group (PAG)
• The successful candidate will be tasked with other members of the firms Pension on Divorce Team to grow their presence in this specialist field by continuing to provide training seminars for Family Lawyers throughout the country and training within the firm itself.
• You will have excellent communication skills with the ability to conduct research in connection with investment, retirement and pension planning.
• You will be ambitious and self-motivated with a view to building a successful and profitable department which may ultimately become another company within this growing, well respected Group.
Salary and Benefits
Annual salary of £40,000 - £50,000 with bonus participation subject to the achievement of key performance goals agreed with the company’s Managing Director.
On offer is a range of employee benefits which includes 23 plus days holiday initially increasing to a maximum of 30 days. Company Pension Scheme, Private Medical Insurance and 4 x Death in Service.