Our client is a leading UK based independent fund manager that is directly registered and authorised by the FCA.
They seek a Product Governance Manager to join the company on a 12-month Fixed Term Contract to cover maternity leave.
The company is required to maintain and operate a robust product governance process for approving new funds, approving changes to funds and for the ongoing oversight of funds throughout their lifecycle.
They aim to ensure that all funds deliver appropriate investor outcomes, are sold to clients in the target market(s) and meet the needs of the identified target market. The Product Governance Committee (PGC) is the primary committee for discharging these responsibilities and for providing appropriate Management Information to the Committee and Board.
As a senior member of the PGC, this role will have an emphasis on ensuring that Product Governance arrangements are compliant with UK regulations in addition to providing general technical and regulatory advice to other members of the PGC. Applications that the company submits to the FCA for new funds or for changes to funds must meet the high standards expected by the firm and regulator; this role will also therefore be required to critically challenge the range of material presented to the PGC for approval ahead of submission to the regulator.
- You will have proven financial services experience, working for or with an Authorised Fund Manager or delegate (e.g. Transfer Agent, Fund Administrator) in an investment management environment. You will have a good understanding of FCA regulatory requirements, industry best practice and a sound knowledge of risk management, both in a regulatory and a wider business context
- It is essential that you have practical experience of conducting technical analysis, interpreting regulations and both participating in and managing projects
- The successful candidate will need Experience of FCA Sourcebooks namely PRA and PROD, and their application to a Collective Investment Scheme Operator.
- You’ll require excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain technical terms with non-technical individuals.
- If successful you will be required to complete satisfactory reference checks (including, but not limited to, a DBS check, financial checks, and employment references).
The Core Values