Development Manager, South West (JR-1660)
Our client is an independent firm of Financial Advisers that have been providing advice for more than 50 years. With a nationwide network of highly qualified Advisers, the company deliver financial solutions on personal and corporate matters.
You will work with Senior Managers (SMs) to provide tailored coaching programmes to financial advisers and supervisors to assist them in achieving personal and company goals.
You will identify and support regulated advisers who require additional training, coaching and support to fulfil their potential.
You will have recent experience of working in a regulated Financial Services environment, with a proven track record of coaching advisers to hit and exceed targets.
- Previous experience in the design and implementation of training programmes
- Experience in the construction of financial planning advice, either in an advisory, paraplanning or research capacity
- Experience in the construction of client-facing Suitability Reports
Knowledge & Skills
- Well organised, with excellent influencing, coaching, presentation and sales skills
- Demonstrate required level of technical knowledge and application of qualifications
- Detailed understanding of protection products, investments, pension products and tax planning solutions
- Knowledge of the FCA’s Principles for Businesses and Conduct of Business rules
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to handle challenges
- Interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Understanding of the corporate advice market and associated advice areas, including Auto Enrolment, workplace pensions, employee benefits and business protection
- Good understanding of the T&C regime within a principles-based regulation model and focus on the appropriate customer outcomes
- Working knowledge of RDR with reference to the area of adviser qualifications and Continuing Professional Development
- Minimum of Diploma in Financial Planning (or equivalent)
- Supervision in a Regulated Environment (J07) or equivalent
The Role and Responsibilities
- Analyse management information to identify individual and group training needs
- Assist in the development and delivery of training programmes to address local training needs
- Assist in the design and implementation of national training programmes and support materials, participating in the delivery of training
- Assist in the delivery of company induction programmes to provide a positive introduction to the company for new entrants
- Co-ordinate and lead the delivery of knowledge and skills training for advisers and supervisors until they are deemed to be competent, to maximise their contribution to the business and increase productivity
- Assist the SMs in the completion of live client meetings and roleplays in order to further develop advisers to deliver the highest standards of compliance and client experience
- Maintaining robust development plans and training records
- Support the regulated individuals in the completion and recording of CPD and company-mandated proficiency testing, to ensure they achieve and maintain the standards required to hold a Statement of Professional Standing
- Attend local team and department meetings to ensure understanding of team objectives, priorities and issues
- Report any risks to the Head of Professional Development
- Demonstrate best practice in the field, in accordance with the company’s objectives, policies and standards
- Provide absence cover for fellow Development Managers as required