Trainee Paraplanner, Cardiff (CR-970)
We have a fantatsic opportunity working for a Financial Planning firm in Cardiff who are looking for a Trainnee Paraplanner to join their team. The role will be to provide technical and research support to Financial Planners in the delivery of their advice to clients. This support includes completing research and analysis, preparing suitability letters and writing client reports.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- To provide support to the Financial Planners
- Preparation of new and existing client Cashflows ready for Cashflow meetings and Annual Strategy meetings
- Receiving instructions from meeting notes/tasks from Financial Planners that have been delegated by the STM&P.
- Contacting third parties and providers to gather detailed information.
- Generating and accurately saving research undertaken in a structured and consistent format.
- Writing Suitability Letters that are accurate, personalised and match the client’s objectives.
- Provide all appropriate appendices, illustrations, applications and Key features documentation for Suitability Letters and Reports
- Supporting the Paraplanner with the annual ISA reporting to ensure all clients (where applicable) has utilised the annual ISA allowances.
- Carrying out all tasks in a manner consistent with regulatory and internal compliance procedures.
- Keep up to date with legislation and product changes by attending and maintaining continuous professional development.
- Ability to work efficiently under own initiative with impeccable attention to detail.
- Assisting and covering the Professional Support Role when required
- Open, scan, and distribute the post each morning
- To meet and greet clients and guests as they arrive at the office in a friendly and professional manner as per the documented process. Provide tea and coffee.
- Prepare meeting rooms prior to clients or guests arriving.
- To be the first point of contact for incoming telephone calls.
- Make checks for Anti Money Laundering.
- Send Letters of Authority and Change of Service letters to Providers.
- Frank and post all outgoing correspondence each evening. Ensure put in post box.
- Mortgage related work if appropriate to your role
- Proactively assisting with the mortgage process if appropriate, including New Business and liaising with clients, Providers/Lenders and solicitors to progress the mortgage application.
- Updating the mortgage expiry schedule spreadsheet with the mortgage expiry deal dates.
- Attend weekly team meetings & monthly Open Forum meetings for the Professional support team.
- Provide minutes of team meetings and post to N Drive.
- Ideally you would have GCSEs Grades (A-C/1-3) in Mathematics and English
- Ideally hold the Diploma in Financial Planning or equivalent or be prepared to towards obtaining the Certified Financial Planning qualification.
- The candidate must also have good IT skills and excellent telephone manner.
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) should be undertaken to develop skills and knowledge