Paraplanner, Cardiff (CR-969)
We have a fanatstic opportunity to work for one of the highest qualified financial planning practices in the UK who have one numerous awards. The firm are looking for a Paraplanner to join their Cardiff branch to provide technical and research support to Financial Planners in the delivery of their advice to clients. This support includes completing research and analysis, preparing suitability letters and writing client reports.
- Preparation of new and existing client Cashflows ready for Cashflow meetings and Annual Strategy meetings
- Receiving instructions from meeting notes/tasks from Financial Planners following client meetings.
- Interpreting data obtained by Planners during client meetings and establishing with the planner via de briefings the correct recommendations to be taken.
- Analysing data received by clients and providers then use research tools to provide solutions to meet client needs and objectives.
- Contacting third parties and providers to gather detailed information.
- Generating and accurately saving research undertaken in a structured and consistent format.
- Writing Suitability Letters and Financial Planning reports that are accurate, personalised and match the client’s objectives.
- Provide all appropriate appendices, illustrations, applications and Key features documentation for Suitability Letters and Reports
- Implementing agreed actions from Authority to Proceed notifications including taking fees from providers, allocating investments to wrappers, linking investment models, placing buy/sell trades
- Monitor Negative Cash positions for clients on a monthly basis and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Complete annual ISA reporting to ensure all clients (where applicable) has utilised the annual ISA allowances.
- Participate and contribute to the investment committee meetings.
- Analyse and provide specific client portfolio reporting.
- Carrying out all tasks in a manner consistent with compliance procedures.
- Keep up to date with legislation and product changes by attending and maintaining continuous professional development.
- Ability to work efficiently under own initiative with impeccable attention to detail;
- Ideally you would have GCSEs Grades (A-C/1-3) in Mathematics and English and hold the Certificate in Financial Planning or equivalent.
- You must be prepared to study up to level 6 qualification with a Recognised Professional Body.
- Good IT skills and excellent telephone manner.