Divisional Trainer. Bristol (CR-1839)
Our Client is a well-established firm that has over 100 years of rich heritage. They specialise in offering UK based families Financial Advice across savings, investments, and protection products to help them reach their financial goals, protect their families and improve communities.
The business seeks a field based Divisional Trainer to join their Sales Team and cover the South and West of England and Wales. The role will be home based with extensive travel nationally.
The Role as a Trainer
Reporting to one of the firms Divisional Managers you will design, build, deliver and evaluate the training of their field-based sales employees.
You will deliver the National Initial Training Course (ITC) to all newly recruited members of the sales force, and ensure that the content of the course remains current and fit for purpose. You will also focus on the continual professional development of employees by designing and delivering business, technical and product knowledge training and e-learning and software systems training.
As a Trainer you will enjoy working as part of a committed Field Sales team as well as working autonomously and independently, with a flexible and professional approach to your work.
This is an opportunity to work with and develop talented people. On offer a competitive salary, life cover, pension scheme (into which the company will contribute up to 10% of total earnings and a performance based discretionary bonus scheme.)
Key Responsibilities & Duties of the Trainer
- Design, deliver and evaluate the Field Force Initial Training Course (ITC)
- Ensure thorough regular review the ITC validity and content
- Assess employees within the sales process and produce evidence of achievement.
- Design, deliver and evaluate training to ensure sales process, product knowledge and regulatory requirements are delivered to customers competently and professionally.
- Design and deliver knowledge and skills training to field management and staff in accordance with business needs.
- Prepare and update the field annual product testing requirements as directed by the Divisional Manager.
- Audit, monitor and evaluate the Advisers to identify training needs and monitor and audit training, performance and competence data in order to meet FCA regulatory requirements.
- Design and deliver training solutions to address identified business development areas.
- Design and introduce E-Learning using both existing and new media solutions.
- Design and maintain a pool of training resources and materials to help support the completion of CPD training.
- Support the Senior Manager and Certification Regime annual certification process through retention and sharing of evidence as directed by the Divisional Manager.
- Develop and maintain a learning management system.
- Update systems and libraries for record keeping.
- Deputise for the Area Managers at client meetings to ensure Advisers maintain standards and working practices and act in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Act in accordance with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) Code of Conduct
Knowledge, Skills and Experience needed for the Trainer role
- Experience in Financial Services preferable.
- Proven ability in coaching, training and developing individuals.
- The ability to design, deliver and evaluate training and development programmes.
- Proactive and personable individual with excellent communication skills.
- Previous experience of interacting with customers.
- Professional approach to work and with colleagues and customers.
- Gravitas to facilitate meetings and deliver profession presentations.
- Strong organisational skills with a proven ability to work remotely.
- A strong will to develop as required to support business needs including obtaining formal training and/or coaching qualifications.
- An understanding of learning styles and methods used to deliver training.
- Knowledge and understanding of Treating Customers Fairly
- Legally able to drive in the UK
- You will be required to run training courses and/or field assessments at locations determined by the company, as such this will include frequent travel often requiring overnight stays.
- A Full driving license is required for this role.
- Competitive salary, life cover, pension scheme into which the company will contribute up to 10% of total earnings and a performance based discretionary bonus scheme