Business Quality Controller, (Hybrid)
Hybrid role - The role can be located in any of our office (Bath, Bridgewater, Chelmsford, Cheltenham, Mansfield)with a hybrid model of working where the individual will be required to be in office around twice a week
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-respected and forward thinking Financial Services company, committed to providing the very best advice through a top-quality team – and they recognise that every member of their staff has a significant part to play. From their support teams, right up to management, they pride themselves on having the correct work ethos and culture needed to provide an excellent customer experience.
Purpose of Role will be to undertake file reviews and act as a quality filter for all files submitted, in conjunction with the Business Quality Team, to ensure that the advice provided meets business and regulatory requirements. To help manage a pre-approval process for High Risk advice areas such as Drawdown, EIS, VCTs and BPR solutions. Assist with the management of complaint investigations and outcomes.
- Review an appropriate number of pre- and post-advice files in line with the companies’ training and competence scheme and provide constructive feedback to the advice teams.
- Follow up missing information and remedial action from advice teams within agreed timescales.
- Identify key areas for development in the advice teams from file reviews and recommend training to address any knowledge and skills shortfalls to the T&C supervisors.
- Assist with complaint investigations and liaise with the Financial Ombudsman Service as and when required.
- Provide additional technical and regulatory support to advice teams where needed on the provision of advice.
- Maintain awareness of Regulatory developments which may have an impact on the business, and file quality.
- Identify any issues which may adversely affect the business, escalate to Head of Risk as and when necessary.
- Develop and maintain a solid working knowledge of all relevant product ranges, service providers, investment platforms and FCA Principles and Rules.
- Assist with the preparation and review of management information for monthly board meetings.
- Compile file review reports as and when requested and required by the Business
- Provide information for FCA Gabriel and other reporting purposes.
- Assist with maintenance of suitability report templates, ensuring they are up to date and compliant.
- Assist with requests for additional wording for the reports.
- Undertake any projects relating to the role or Risk and Compliance Team as necessary.
- Comply with compliance procedures, TCF, Data Protection and FCA Regulations at all times to ensure regulatory requirements and company policies are not breached
- Time spent in similar role within Financial Services Industry
- Demonstrable knowledge and/or experience of file reviews and file review processes
- Extensive experience of working with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience of delivering accurate and relevant information in an appropriate and timely manner
- Experience of the Intelligent Office (IO) back office system
- Experience of cashflow modelling
Skills & Qualifications:
- Good technical knowledge with minimum RO2 and RO4, but full diploma qualified (DipPFS) or above is preferable
- Good working knowledge of FCA Principles and conduct of business rules
- Good understanding of the Financial Planning process
- Strong interpersonal skills, both written and oral communication
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Some investment and pension experience
- Working toward APFS or equivalent
- Good research and report writing skills
- 25 working days in addition to the normal Bank Holidays, in addition 1 extra day’s holiday for each year of service up to 28 days.
- Holiday buy and sell scheme where you have the opportunity to buy an additional 5 days holiday per year.
- Group Life Assurance
- Group Pension Scheme
- Private medical Insurance
- Group Income Protection