Client Technical Support (Paraplanner)
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-respected and forward thinking Financial Services company, committed to providing the very best advice through a top-quality team – and they recognise that every member of their staff has a significant part to play. From their support teams, right up to management, they pride themselves on having the correct work ethos and culture needed to provide an excellent customer experience.
This role is home based, working with one of the businesses highly successful financial advisers and will travel with the adviser to client meetings.
- To attend client meetings (via Teams and face to face) with the FP Director to take detailed notes of the meeting;
- Transpose the meeting notes into the Factfind and Investment Risk Discussion document for submission;
- To assist the Financial Planner in formulating the advice to the client, taking instructions for research and/or document the advice to provided to the Paraplanner;
- Review client objectives ensuring they are clear, concise and achievable when compared against the client’s financial circumstance.
- Respond to client emails by analysing and researching the technical questions and creating the appropriate response for the client or FP Director
- Assist team PA with technical matters and liaising with clients in the absence of the FP Director
- To work within the Company’s Paraplanner licence framework.
- Provide research and analysis of investment funds and financial products, whilst considering the client objectives.
- Conduct fund research using the Company’s panel or FE Analytics where appropriate.
- Review asset allocation for any investment/pension holdings
- Complete financial cashflow forecasts, clearly demonstrating the clients current and future financial position.
- Prepare Financial Plans, clearly outlining the client’s current position, where they need to be and how they will get there.
- Preparation of fund switch and encashment letters according to advice provided.
- Obtain applications, key features documents, factsheets, illustrations and product comparison quotes through appropriate source – providing clear research of the advice provided.
- Liaise with Product Providers / Third Parties regarding any technical queries
- Accurately complete new business sheets to be handed over to the PA.
- Maintain client records and update client information on back office systems to keep an effective audit trail.
- At least 2- 3 years in a Paraplanning role or technical support (preferably with the same company and potentially same adviser)
- Fully level 4 Diploma Qualified
- Practical application of technical financial knowledge within career.
- Ability to analyse the performance of Discretionary Fund Managers to determine their level of client service and capability
- Previous data research and report writing experience within financial services
- Technical use of Excel in order to demonstrate performance against benchmark over time;
- Extensive experience of working with Microsoft Office products including Word, Outlook and PowerPoint, or similar tools
- Professional with a proven strong customer focus approach to getting the best outcome for the client and the business.
- Flexible and proactive approach to getting the job done.
- Experience of dealing with Trusts in particular to mitigate Inheritance Tax
- Experience of dealing with products such as VCTs, EIS and IHT Schemes Desirable:
- Experience of working in a small to medium sized financial services environment
- Experience of working with iO back office software and FE Analytics research tool
- Experience of working with a Discretionary Fund Manager
- In depth knowledge and experience with cashflow modelling (Desirable)
- Good understanding of the Financial Planning process.
- Strong interpersonal skills, both written and verbal communication.
- Customer service skills – providing an excellent service to the adviser and client.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to work effectively to deadlines.
- Accuracy and attention to detail to balance demands of role
- 25 working days in addition to the normal Bank Holidays, in addition 1 extra day’s holiday for each year of service up to 28 days.
- Holiday buy and sell scheme where you have the opportunity to buy an additional 5 days holiday per year.
- Group Life Assurance
- Group Pension Scheme
- Private medical Insurance
- Group Income Protection