Are you looking for a new opportunity to further develop your career within Paraplanning and move into a senior position? Our client is a well-respected and established Financial Planner who provide financial advice to both private and corporate clients who are now seeking an experienced Senior Paraplanner for their Personal Injury and Court of Protection (PICOP) team.
The key purpose of the role is to prepare written advice and provide technical research services to the PICOP Advisers in order to assist them in the delivery of advice and ongoing services to prospective, new and existing clients.
The role holder will be responsible for researching, analysing and compiling investment reports for new and existing clients and annual review reports to the highest standards, in conjunction with the PICOP Advisers and Paraplanners.
The Senior PICOP Paraplanner will work closely with the PICOP Paraplanning team and will be responsible for overseeing workflow and for the allocation of paraplanning work within the team.
• Research, analyse and compile Financial Planning Reports
• Handling existing client queries wherever possible
• Providing research for Asset Allocation on a client’s existing portfolio
• Prospecting new clients, qualifying leads and enquiries to ensure business targets are achieved
• Servicing existing clients by providing valuations and portfolio updates as and when required
• Quantifying and analysing clients existing investments
This role will incorporate
• Conduct research on clients’ financial planning arrangements (existing and recommended); to demonstrate suitability and sustainability to meet the clients stated needs and objectives
• Undertake investment portfolio analysis, including asset allocation analysis, in line with clients stated attitude to risk.
• Compile investment/pension/protection illustrations, projections and associated documentation;
• Prepare technical and accurate suitability reports in line with company standards and prepare client service agreement letters
• Assist in the management of the Advisers’ client commitments, diary planning and management of fee income, as required.
• Handle client queries, as required.
• Ensure client files comply with the company business quality standards;
• Assist in checking client valuations;
• Provide support with ad hoc projects and tasks where necessary
• Desire to develop professionally and achieve high levels of technical knowledge and sales skills
• To excel and progress within a busy, performance related environment
• To act in a professional manner always
• Have a basic knowledge of regulatory requirements
• At least 2 years’ experience as a paraplanner
• Experience of working within a high-pressure environment
• Experience of cash flow modelling and forecasting
• An eagerness to continuously learn and develop skills and knowledge
Skills & Knowledge
• Excellent interpersonal skills and telephone manner
• Excellent personal organisational and administrative planning skills
• Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail
• Proven ability to work on own initiative
• The ability to work well within a team environment and build effective working relationships both internally and externally
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office with accurate keyboard skills
• Competitive Salary
• Flexible Benefits Package
• 25 days plus Bank Holidays
• Voucher schemes
• Full support with your own professional development