Team Manager, Manchester (CR-1605)
Our client is a well-known and established financial advisory firm who have offered independent financial advice for more than 40 years. The company are proud to provide independent, holistic advice to both individual and corporate clients on a wide range of products that complement the clients' personal goals and objectives.
- To oversee and manage the day to day operations of an administration team.
- To actively support the Operations Manager in the management, motivation and development of the team to ensure that they provide an efficient, effective and timely administration service to the advisers and their clients, adhering to FCA regulations and internal policy and procedure.
- Responsible for the day to day oversight and management of the administration team.
- Acting as first point of contact for queries, managing workloads within the team and identifying training needs and areas for continuous improvement. To hold regular one to one’s meetings with individuals
- To deal with the day to day technical and process queries from Administrators, advisers and clients and to take the appropriate action to ensure the query is dealt with in a timely and effective manner.
- To work closely with the Operations Manager to identify and implement the necessary changes to processes, procedures and working practices within the team to address the outputs of the audits and quality checks.
- To proactively deliver and promote excellent client service in accordance with FCA guidelines, internal policy and procedure and company service standards.
- To assess the department’s work load and capacity on a daily basis, prioritising and reallocating the work as required, to provide an excellent service to the adviser and the clients.
- To ensure that during periods of holiday and sickness, there is the appropriate level of administration support for advisers at all times.
- To carry out regular department audits, including monthly file reviews, in order to identify any errors which might indicate a training or development need within the team.
- To hold the daily team ‘huddles’ on a regular basis, providing the team with key updates including any changes to process and procedure.
- To get involved in a variety of project work as and when required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A good level of experience in an administration role within the financial services industry, ideally within an IFA
- Experience of leading or managing a team
- Certificate in Financial Planning or an equivalent Financial Services qualification is desirable
- A good knowledge and understanding of a wide range of financial products, including employee benefits products.
- Good knowledge of regulatory requirements
- A proven track record in delivering excellent client satisfaction
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent accuracy skills and attention to detail
- Ability to build and develop effective working relationships at all levels
- Excellent administrative, planning and organisational skills
- A team player with an adaptable and flexible approach to work to suit business needs and changing priorities.
- Some experience of training on a one to one basis and in a group environment