Paraplanner, Canterbury (CR-1566)
An exciting opportunity to work with one of the South East’s leading firms of Financial Advisers based just outside Canterbury.
Our client is currently looking for an experienced Paraplanner with experience in writing complex financial planning reports on issues such as Trust Planning, IHT Planning, Pensions, Investments and Wealth Management.
This is a demanding role and will involve all aspects of supporting an Independent Financial Adviser. In addition you will be expected to be able to engage with the other departments within the business to ensure that client service is delivered successfully.
- Provide analysis, detailed research of funds and providers, report writing and product recommendations for presentation to clients and/or reports for sending to clients
- Provide a high level of technical support to the Financial Advisers
- Complete portfolio reviews for the Clients
- Handle client’s questions and queries both in writing and on the telephone
- Ensure the database is kept up to date with clients and portfolio details as necessary and required
- Remain up to date with any changes in Compliance and/or the financial services marketplace
- Commit to continuous personal development and retain supporting records for inspection
- Manage your own work load accordingly
- Must be qualified to Diploma in Financial Services or working towards and have not yet achieved a level 4 qualification
- Must be willing to work towards Chartered Status with the support of the business.
- Must have experience writing complex financial planning reports on issues such as Trust Planning, IHT Planning, Pensions, Investments and Wealth Management
- Experience of using Adviser Office and platform software would be advantageous but not necessary as full training will be provided.
- Well organised, professional and self-motivated
- IT literate, proficient with Word and Excel
- A team player who can work independently and under pressure
- Enjoy work and have a cheerful disposition
- Have a commitment to the highest levels of professionalism.
- Competitive salary
- Potential for an annual discretionary bonus, pension scheme membership (with a 5% employer contribution, increasing to 9% after 5 years’ service),
- Group Life cover (4 x earnings)
- Group Income Protection cover
- Support with ongoing study to take further qualifications to gain Chartered status and to take part in Continuous Professional Development (CPD).