Trainee Financial Planner, Nationwide (CR-1511)
Our client specialises in finding the right, affordable mortgages and protection plans for thousands of people across the UK every year. They are part of a widely-known and well-respected financial services advice provider who acts as a partner and preferred financial adviser to major public sector employers, trade unions and associations, helping their members to secure their financial futures.
The business is looking to recruit successful Mortgage & Protection adviser who wishes to go through their Financial Advice school in order to obtain the DipFA financial advice qualification.
This will be a self employed position.
- The new candidate will operate as Mortgage & Protection adviser for an initial period before joining the Financial Adviser School. Once settled in and productive the candidate will be put forward for inclusion in the programme. (Literacy and numeracy tests will be required).
- The business' Financial Advice School offers a part-time (approximately one day per week) structured programme of education and support over a 47 week programme. This culminates in examination entry.
- Weekly tutor-led virtual classrooms by video conference lasting 2.5 hours.
- Face-to-face (where possible) structured training days covering exam preparation and skills training.
- Once the qualification is achieved the adviser will move into a supported Financial Adviser/Planner role and will be able to engage in both mortgage and protection advice as well as retail investment (pensions, savings and investments) advice.
- CeMap or equivalent mortgage advice qualification
- Must have active CAS
- Currently or prepared to be self-employed
- Financially solvent - Has enough working capital to get started (minimum of 3 months expenditure recommended)
- Clean regulatory and disciplinary history
- Demonstrable history of success in mortgage and of protection advice/sales
- Proven history of commitment to previous roles
- Transferrable clients or an active introducer
- Ability to work from home
- Positive attitude
- High standards of professionalism and customer care
- Ability to work with modern technology systems