This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK’s most innovative Financial Services firms. The company are passionate about partnering with high-quality, forward thinking companies to provide innovative technology to streamline their infrastructure, growth capital to further develop the companies, or discretionary investment solutions to drive your proposition. Offering a tailored solution to deliver value to Financial Adviser firms and their clients.
This position is responsible for the administration, provision, security and availability of the groups infrastructure and systems. This role also provides infrastructure support to other teams within the business.
• Work with service desk team to resolve escalated tickets, prioritising as necessary, resolving them within agreed timescales.
• Monitor & test server/network performance and provide statistics or reports to the infrastructure manager.
• Cover desktop support during absences or illness.
• Help and support the desktop support team in deploying and rolling out internal software applications.
• Perform daily routine monitoring and patching on key systems.
• Liaise with and provide education to staff on computer operation, new user training, Infrastructure Policies & Application use within the business and other relevant issues.
• Manage and audit an inventory of all IT Assets as directed by the Infrastructure Manager.
• Maintain the company servers, active directory, Office 365, LAN and WAN connectivity.
• Monitoring and support of telecoms and conferencing collaboration systems.
• Work with the information security team to ensure that the company complies with regulatory standards and best practices. Also help oversee IT related verifications, audits and due diligence.
• Evaluate, develop and implement policies and procedures related to computer systems operation and development.
• Aid in the development of business continuity and disaster recovery plan.
• Ensure all critical systems and data is backed up; kept in a secure state and recoverability tests are periodically performed.
• Deliver IS projects to completion and suggest improvements to systems.
• Travel to other sites occasionally to coordinate efforts and configure or install systems. Provide Adhoc out of hours resource for network/system changes and patching of servers.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE
• High level of experience of managing Microsoft Windows (2012 – 2016), active directory and group policy.
• Good knowledge of TCP/IP Networking (inc WAN, LAN, DNS, VLANs, routing, switching and firewalls).
• An excellent working knowledge of VMWare virtualisation technologies along with management of shared storage technologies (SAN/NAS).
• Administration of Office 365 email or Exchange 2013/2016 system.
• A strong understanding of scripting using Powershell.
• Excellent interpersonal, time management and communication skills- both written and oral.
• Flexible and willing to work outside core business hours as required.
• Experience in writing technical documentation and reports
DESIRABLE SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE
• Working with Dell servers and PowerVault iSCSI SAN.
• Good working knowledge of Veeam Backup and Replication.
• Knowledge of creating, deploying and managing Windows 10 images and patching applications in an enterprise organisation using MDT.
The ideal candidate is energetic, motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude, possesses good analytical and problem-solving abilities, and is keen to take on a role in a department with development and advancement opportunities. Due to the unpredictable nature of the IT industry, it is also important for this person to be willing to expand their IT knowledge, and to upgrade their skills set as and when required. The role will involve working in a small team in an environment of open information-sharing to assure cross-training and cover within the department.
You will be required to cover 'Out of Hours' - 1 week in 4 typically (barring illness or holidays)
Mon – Thurs 5:30 pm till 9 am following day
Fri – 5:30 pm till Midnight
Sat – All-day (24 hours)
Sun – All-day (24 hours) and until 9 am Mon morning