Infrastructure Engineer, Horsham (CR-1305)
We are representing a dynamic, market leading organisation that is going through an exciting period of growth. The business creates bespoke, cloud-based technology solutions to support Financial Services firms. This unique combination of wrap platform, discretionary and investment management allows its clients to deliver a high-class service to their clients. They are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join their team in Horsham.
- Work with service desk team to resolve escalated tickets, prioritising as necessary, resolving them within agreed timescales.
- Monitor & test server/network performance and provide statistics or reports to the infrastructure manager.
- Cover desktop support during absences or illness.
- Help and support the desktop support team in deploying and rolling out internal software applications.
- Perform daily routine monitoring and patching on key systems.
- Liaise with and provide education to staff on computer operation, new user training, Infrastructure Policies & Application use within the business and other relevant issues.
- Manage and audit an inventory of all IT Assets as directed by the Infrastructure Manager.
- Maintain the company servers, active directory, Office 365, LAN and WAN connectivity.
- Monitoring and support of telecoms and conferencing collaboration systems.
- Work with the information security team to ensure that the company complies with regulatory standards and best practices. Also help oversee IT related verifications, audits and due diligence.
- Evaluate, develop and implement policies and procedures related to computer systems operation and development.
- Aid in the development of business continuity and disaster recovery plan.
- Ensure all critical systems and data is backed up; kept in a secure state and recoverability tests are periodically performed.
- Deliver IS projects to completion and suggest improvements to systems.
- Travel to other sites occasionally to coordinate efforts and configure or install systems. Provide Adhoc out of hours resource for network/system changes and patching of servers.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE
- High level of experience of managing Microsoft Windows (2012 – 2016), active directory and group policy.
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP Networking (inc WAN, LAN, DNS, VLANs, routing, switching and firewalls).
- An excellent working knowledge of VMWare virtualisation technologies along with management of shared storage technologies (SAN/NAS).
- Administration of Office 365 email or Exchange 2013/2016 system.
- A strong understanding of scripting using Powershell.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and communication skills- both written and oral.
- Flexible and willing to work outside core business hours as required.
- Experience in writing technical documentation and reports
DESIRABLE SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE
- Working with Dell servers and PowerVault iSCSI SAN.
- Good working knowledge of Veeam Backup and Replication.
- Knowledge of creating, deploying and managing Windows 10 images and patching applications in an enterprise organisation using MDT.