Desktop Support Engineer, Horsham (CR-1304)
We are representing a dynamic, market leading organisation that is going through an exciting period of growth. The business creates bespoke, cloud-based technology solutions to support Financial Services firms. This unique combination of wrap platform, discretionary and investment management allows its clients to deliver a high-class service to their clients. They are looking for an experienced Desktop Support Engineer to join their team.
This role will be ideal for an energetic, motivated individual with a ‘can do’ attitude and End-user focus who is keen to take on a role in a department with development and advancement opportunities. The role will involve working in a small team in an environment of open information-sharing and cross-training and cover within the department.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, e-mails and service desk tickets regarding issues that arise, prioritising and resolving them within agreed timescales and escalating to other members of Infrastructure, as appropriate.
- Perform daily routine maintenance checks on key systems.
- Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user hardware, software, and peripheral devices, including telecoms.
- Account Management - create, issue and manage/maintain corporate accounts for joiners/leavers, following a fully auditable procedure.
- Liaise with and provide education to staff on computer operation, new user training, Infrastructure Policies & Application use within the business and other relevant issues.
- Help and support the IT team in deploying and rolling out internal software applications.
- Maintain stock levels for consumables and hardware.
- Ensure that client-side Endpoint protection and systems updates are active and applied to all workstations at all times.
- Maintain an inventory of all IT Assets as directed by the Helpdesk Team Lead and Infrastructure Manager.
- Monitor and test PC performance and provide statistics and reports to the Helpdesk Team Lead and Infrastructure Manager, as required.
- Ensure that the company complies with regulatory standards and best practices. Also help oversee IT related verifications, audits and due diligence.
- Evaluate, develop and implement policies and procedures related to computer systems operation and development.
- Manage and update Windows OS images and document up-to-date build information.
- Travel to other sites occasionally to coordinate efforts and instruct users.
- Demonstrable in-depth technical knowledge of modern client operating systems (Windows 10)
- Excellent understanding of networking principles, including TCP/IP coupled with an understanding of Active Directory, machine builds via imaging.
- Ability to troubleshoot user problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and communication skills- both written and oral.
- Customer focussed and can present ideas and concepts in user-friendly language.
- Experience in a technical desktop or 2nd Line support role, troubleshooting and diagnosing faults in hardware such as desktop PCs, laptops, printers, telephones and mobile devices.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Flexible and willing to work outside core business hours as required.
- Knowledge of creating, deploying and managing Windows 10 images and patching applications in an enterprise organisation using MDT/WDS
- Skills implementing Windows 10 as a service (automating upgrades/patching)
- Microsoft MTA certification(s)
- Administration of Office 365 email or Exchange 2013/2016 system.
- Working knowledge of scripting with Powershell
- College Diploma / GCSE / A-Level in the field of computer science or information systems or a related discipline preferred.
- 22 days + bank holiday, rising 1 day per years’ service for the first 3 years
- 5% pension matched up to 5%
- Private Health Care
- Critical Illness x 2
- DIS x 4
- Long term disability cover
- Access to a Well Being hub
- Cycle to work scheme