Paraplanner Team Leader, Maidstone
This is a dual role, perfect for an experienced Paraplanner with a desire to manage a small team of administrators!
You will work closely with the Financial Planners to produce letters, reports and supporting evidence. You will undertake technical analytical work, which may include cash-flow forecasting and investment analysis. Excellent communications skills and highly professional image required as, from time to time, you may be asked to accompany the Financial Planner at client meetings.
Key Activities & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and maintain the paraplanning client file (both paper and electronic based files)
- Discussing client objectives and work requirements closely with the adviser
- Completing research, analysis and data gathering
- Sourcing quotes and accompanying client disclosure materials
- Drafting / completion of Suitability Reports using Financial Planning software tools such as Selecta pension, Assureweb and FE Analytics
- Assisting advisers with ad hoc requirements, such as non-advice related reports and assisting with annual review reports and other activities
- Ensure in-house systems are effectively used to record case progression
- Remain aware of industry changes, regards to suitability report requirements and maintaining CPD & FCA knowledge, in line with company and CII requirements
- Motivate team members and assesses performance, undertaking annual 1-1’s and regular updates with team
- Provides help to management, including training and communicating compliance updates and keeps management updated on team performance
- Minimum 3 years Financial Services industry experience, including previous paraplanning experience.
- Qualified to Level 4 - Diploma
- Excellent knowledge of investment, savings, pension and protection products
- Excellent working knowledge of suitability report content, format and requirements
- Significant experience composing suitability letters
- Ability to communicate with others confidently whilst remaining flexible/adaptable
- Highly developed analytical, observational, written and verbal communication skills
- Exemplary attention to detail
- Strong people management and organisational skills
- Proficient using various software packages such as Microsoft Excel and Word. A working knowledge of external software/tools such as FE Analytics, Selectapension, Defaqto Engage, Assureweb, Cash Calc or similar would be advantageous