Adviser Support, Brighton (CR-1292)
We are representing an award-winning Chartered Financial Services firm based in Brighton who are looking to bring on an Adviser Support to join their growing and dynamic team.
Adviser Support is a key role is assisting the adviser to acquire and service clients and providing administration support for Chartered Financial Advisers. The role will include processing applications, servicing clients. It is not your role to give financial advice, but to support the advisers within the company / network in their day to day activities. You are expected to undertake technical analytical work, which may include cash-flow modelling and investment analysis. You should keep the adviser up to date with communications, as appropriate. It is anticipated that you will be involved in direct client communication and will need to be able to work with your own initiative and produce letters, data, information and supporting evidence for the adviser requested it in certain circumstances.
Key Activities & Responsibilities:
- In addition to the Key Responsibilities for a Sales Support / Administrator the role will require
- Preparing and maintaining the client file (paper / electronic based files).
- Discussing client objectives and work requirements with the adviser.
- Monitoring client progress through the financial planning process and organising regular reviews
- Completing research, analysis and data gathering (including liaising with providers and collating information on investments, pensions and other products, as applicable).
- Sourcing quotes and accompanying client disclosure material (Key Features etc.) and saving to client file.
- The use of Financial Planning software tools, such as Cashflow Modelling, Assureweb and FE Analytics.
- Assisting advisers and paraplanners with ad hoc requirements. These could range from nonadvice related reports to assisting with annual review reports and other activities.
- Ensure in-house systems are effectively used to record case progression and work for costs and audit trail purposes.
- Organising the adviser to be more productive
- • Ad hoc / miscellaneous tasks as required to support the adviser in client servicing & acquisition
- Minimum 2 years Financial Services industry experience, including working with advisers
- Strong knowledge of retail investment, savings, pension and protection products.
- Strong knowledge of the advice process and client requirements.
- Ability to communicate with others confidently whilst remaining flexible/adaptable.
- Well-developed analytical, observational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Exemplary attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Proficiency with using various software packages, such as Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Relevant experience with external software/tools, such as FE Analytics, Provider platforms and systems, Assureweb, Cash Calc or similar.
- Working towards Level 4 - Diploma Qualified (CII).
- 22 days + bank holiday, rising 1 day per years’ service for the first 3 years
- 5% pension matched up to 5%
- Private Health Care
- Critical Illness x 2
- DIS x 4
- Long term disability cover
- Access to a Well Being hub
- Cycle to work scheme