Compliance Manager (CR-1230)
About the role:
Immersed in the detail the Compliance Manager will quality assure the technology and process implementation, providing technical, compliance and legislative oversight and support to management and operations teams. You will take responsibility for Compliance Oversight and the Money Laundering Reporting functions, alongside complaint oversight for the discretionary fund management business and the adviser-based investment platform.
- Managing a team of 4 Compliance Analysts and Compliance Administrator & Reporting to the Senior Compliance Manager.
- Assist the Compliance Director in administering an effective scheme of control & monitoring across the business
- Design and implement business processes
- Manage risk within the business through identification and establishment for new controls
- Keep up-to-date with regulatory and industry developments
- Provide cover and support for the Compliance Director as appropriate
- Liaise with key stakeholders, senior managers and board members in respect of regulatory and business issues
- Communicate and escalate issues or matters which could not be resolved at Manager level
- Assist in making all appropriate notifications to the FCA
- Manage resource within the function
- Contribute to the department and company objectives
- Apply a risk-based and common-sense approach to the compliance monitoring process
- Apply a risk mitigating structure of compliance and business controls
- Undertake regular reviews of business statistics, ensuring that data and management information in respect of platform use is accurately recorded whilst identifying adverse trends/risks and reporting or handling them accordingly
- Consider and develop the internal monitoring structure and effectiveness of controls
Ad Hoc Responsibilities:
- Take on tasks and projects as delegated by the Compliance Director, or develop tasks which are deemed necessary due to other influences or circumstances beyond Supervisor remit, applying an authoritative, can-do attitude and a timely approach
- Update manuals, procedures and company documentation as required
- Attend events, seminars, training, regulatory workshops, etc as deemed necessary
- Complete tasks to a high standard, and apply initiative to accommodate for wider issues
- Level 4 Diploma in regulated financial planning (or equivalent) and / or notable & credible investment qualifications covering management, discretion & platforms,
- Ideally held CF10 & 11 responsibilities or at least worked closely with them.
- Exceptionally well organised and self-motivated, working on initiative and as a team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities - an articulate, concise communicator.
- Proficient user of MS Office applications.
- Detailed knowledge of FCA rules and their interpretation/application
- Understanding of contracts and relevant documentation
- Ability to train and motivate others whilst remaining flexible/adaptable
- Ability to manage and co-ordinate a team
- Highly developed analytical, observational and communication skills