Technical Support Writer, Horsham (CR-1222)
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the UKs most innovative Financial Services firms. An award-winning services company that provides compliance and regulatory support, best-of-breed technology and financial support to a range of high quality, Independent Financial Advice firms.
The firm have a new piece of technology being developed to aid advisers with electronic and intuitive suitability report writing. In order to establish this system and maintain the vast amount of possible document content, there is a requirement to hire a staff member to be responsible for this tool, including its design and content.
- Become Subject Matter Expert on the internal system that will allow for a complete and compliant suite of suitability report templates for use by the Network AR Firms.
- Research key aspects of financial products and be able to apply the information to differing advice scenarios.
- Awareness of industry changes to suitability report requirements.
- Proactive management of the content within the system to ensure periodic review and update of content.
- Co-ordinate and deliver training on this system to Member Firms and other Quality & Risk Team Members as and when required to support and enhance the quality of suitability reports.
- Take on quality assessment tasks and projects as requested by the Quality & Risk Team Leader, such as but not limited to file checking, report analysis and the creation of Management Information.
- Complete tasks to a high standard, and apply initiative to accommodate for wider issues.
- Significant progress towards the achievement of a level 4 Diploma Qualification.
- Significant experience within the financial services, preferably in an investment or insurance environment with a good understanding of FCA/PRA regulatory expectations and compliance requirements.
- Senior paraplanner experience.
- Excellent knowledge of retail investment, savings, pension and protection products.
- Excellent knowledge of suitability report content, format and requirements.
- Significant experience composing suitability letters.
- Strong knowledge of FCA rules and their interpretation/application within a Compliance Function.
- Ability to communicate with others confidently whilst remaining flexible/adaptable.
- Highly developed analytical, observational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Exemplary attention to detail.