Employee Benefits Adviser, Weybridge (CR-1070)
We’re delighted to partner with a leading, award winning Financial Services firm who have an opportunity for an Employee Benefits Adviser to join them in their Weybridge office.
- Responsible for educating and advising clients’ individual employees according to the agreed proposition.
- Work alongside a team of 5 EBA’s and will have key internal relationships with the Client Experience teams within the London and Weybridge offices.
- Advise employees who have been auto-enrolled into their employer’s pension schemes and service existing members of group pension schemes so knowledge in Automatic Enrolment is beneficial.
- Most schemes the firm work on have employees paying personal contributions by way of Salary Sacrifice so knowledge in this area is beneficial.
- There can be a large variation in salary for employees you’ll be meeting so you need to be able to consider implications for people both on low salaries as well as on high salaries, so discussion around Annual Allowance, whether salary sacrifice should be used, Taper relief and carry forward will be taking place.
- The role will be conducted mainly on the corporate premises of the clients, meeting with new/existing employees; some client meetings will be conducted by telephone.
- Conduct and follow the company’s Financial Advice process following all service standards and rules for a compliant outcome and an outstanding customer experience.
- To ensure all clients files are maintained in conjunction with the company’s compliance standards.
- Be responsible for hosting financial education workshops and presenting staff benefits using PowerPoint to groups of employees varying in number.
- Conduct one–to-one advice appointments with employees regarding their work place pension scheme and employee benefits.
- Deal with queries via email and telephone from new and existing clients.
- Completing the advice process during/post meetings.
- Service existing members of workplace pension schemes.
- Relationship building.
- Participating in appropriate company training, competence and development initiatives.
- To continuously meet, the regulator’s Fit & Proper requirements.
- Minimum Level 4 qualified.
- Financial Services experience, with a proven track record of giving face-to-face advice.
- Excellent pension knowledge and experience.
- Proven track record of building rapport and strong relationships with clients at all levels.
- Confident presenter, with experience of presenting to both small and large groups.
- The ability to complete fact finds, risk profiles etc.
- The ability to travel to clients on a regular basis.
- Experience advising on group defined benefit and defined contribution schemes including automatic enrolment and salary sacrifice.
- Experience advising clients on higher earnings and all that entails.
- Experience of working with small business clients (desirable)
- Experience advising on retirement options (desirable)
- Experience of delivering telephone-based advice (desirable)
- Currently an authorised Financial Adviser (desirable)
- Experience of using cash flow forecasting tools (such as Voyant) as part of the advice process (desirable)
- 25 days holiday increasing by 1 day after each full years service up to a max of 30 days
- Pension contributions will match personal contributions up to a max of 7.5% of salary
- Income protection
- 4 x DIS
- Childcare vouchers