Junior Paraplanner, Bath (BW-1979)
£27,000 - £33,000 p.a. DoE
We are currently supporting an independently owned Wealth Management firm who are on the lookout for Junior Paraplanner to support the Paraplanners , Financial Planners and their clients.
Junior Paraplanner - Overview
To provide an excellent service to the Financial Planners, by producing quality documents which provide clear advice to the client, based on solid market research and the client’s financial objectives.
Junior Paraplanner - Role
- Provide research and analysis of investment funds and financial products, whilst considering the client objectives.
- Conduct fund research using the central panel or FE Analytics where appropriate.
- Review asset allocation for any investment/pension holdings
- Complete financial cashflow forecasts, clearly demonstrating the clients current and future financial position.
- Prepare Financial Plans, clearly outlining the client’s current position, where they need to be and how they will get there.
- Preparation of fund switch and encashment letters according to advice provided.
- Obtain applications, key features documents, factsheets, illustrations and product comparison quotes through appropriate source – providing clear research of the advice provided.
- Liaise with Product Providers / Third Parties regarding any technical queries
- Build a strong working relationship with all colleagues across the business.
- Accurately complete new business sheets.
- Complete 4-eyes checks on the completion of application/trust forms before submission to the client or complete the forms if necessary.
- Complete 4-eyes checks of new business prior to PA submission to the providers.
- Provide support and assistance to other team members to ensure tasks are completed on schedule and deadlines met.
- Previous experience of working in similar role within financial services.
- Practical application of technical financial knowledge within career.
- Previous data research and report writing experience within financial services.
- Strong experience of working with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, or similar tools.
- Professional with a proven strong customer focus approach to getting the best outcome for the client and the business.
- Flexible and proactive approach to getting the job done.
- Working towards becoming full Diploma qualified
- Good understanding of the Financial Planning process.
- Strong interpersonal skills, both written and verbal communication.
- Customer service skills – providing an excellent service to the adviser and client.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work effectively to deadlines.
- Accuracy and attention to detail to balance demands of role
- Experience of working in a small to medium sized financial services environment.
- Experience of working with IO back office software.
- Experience of working with FE Analytics research tool.
- Experience of working with a Discretionary Fund Manager
- An understanding of cashflow modelling.
- Broad knowledge of the Financial Services Industry and high level of technical knowledge
- 25 working days in addition to the normal Bank Holidays, in addition 1 extra day’s holiday for each year of service up to 28 days.
- Holiday buy and sell scheme where you have the opportunity to buy an additional 5 days holiday per year.
- Group Life Assurance
- Group Pension Scheme
- Private medical Insurance
- Group Income Protection
- Exam Support