Employee Benefits, Team Leader and Senior Client Support, Norwich/Bury St Edmunds (BW-1960)
Employee Benefits, Team Leader and Senior Client Support
Salary £30,000 - £32,000 p.a DoE
Hybrid working from Norwich/Bury St Edmunds
We are working with an award winning Chartered Financial Planning firm based in East England.
This firm has been awarded “Best Employer in the Eastern Region”. The judges rated them highly in every category and employee well-being, individual development and comprehensive reward and recognition strategies stood out.
They now have an opportunity for a Team Leader to join them managing, developing and building up the experience of a small team whilst also undertaking some Group Pension and Group Risk administration functions. .
- You will be responsible for the day to day management of a team of 3/4 employee benefit support staff to including training and managing the workloads
- Ensure timely delivery of employee benefits scheme processing
- Support and develop junior team members to enable them to be as efficient and effective as possible
- Provide feedback to consultants, keeping them up to date
- Liaise with consultants and clients to ensure all contractual obligations are fulfilled
- Undertake project activity to ensure the efficient running of the role e.g. streamlining processes and documents, create framework for checking work, ensure templates/documents are correct and in the right place, workflow management
- Maintain and update staff development records, ensuring team objectives are up to date and impact of any training required is recorded
- With regard to the Administrator element of the role, both Group Pensions & Group Risk you will be responsible for providing pro-active administration support to the Consultants in order to retain and expand existing client accounts and to help develop new business.
- You will be responsible for providing administration and general support to an Employee Benefits Consultant in the day to day running of client accounts across a portfolio of pensions and group risk. benefits.
- Manage annual renewal and market reviews for existing SME schemes
- You will liaise with insurers to negotiate preferred terms, attend client meetings and draft recommendation reports.
- You will come from an Employee Benefits background and have experience in administering Corporate pensions such as GPP’s, including knowledge of Automatic Enrolment Duties & Salary Exchange
- Experience managing the volume and prioritisation of workloads and training junior staff members, is highly desirable
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- You'll have experience in administering a portfolio of clients with Group Risk contracts including Group Life, Group Income Protection and Group Critical Illness Schemes
- You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, a reliable working attitude and a professional client focused approach with experience of dealing with a range of SME and Corporate clients
- Team Player
- You will ideally hold professional qualifications R01 essential, GR1 and R05 not essential but you would be required to work towards these
Benefits & Rewards
- Competitive Salary
- 5% Pension Contribution
- Subsidised Healthcare
- Life Cover and Income Protection
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday + Christmas to New Year shut down + 1 day for Birthday + 1 day for Volunteering (subject to line manager approval)
- Professional Subscriptions, Exams and Study Resources paid for
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Initially this role will be fully office based to enable appropriate training and development to take place but once established there would be an option to work up to 2 days a week from home.