We are pleased to be working with this well established firm of Independent Financial Advisers and Wealth Managers. The team has grown to become a leading West Midlands based firm recognised for progressive thinking and a refreshing, transparent approach to managing and advising on client funds.
Their team of IFA’s has technical expertise in the following areas:
- Bespoke Investment Strategies
- Retirement Planning Solutions
- Pension Drawdown and Freedoms
- Wealth Management
- Inheritance Tax Planning
- Life Assurance and Protection
Their aim is to provide a service that is both forward-thinking and independent to help clients achieve their financial objectives.
All of the support staff and advisers within the business enjoy a mutually respectful and engaging relationships which is key to the Company ethos. They work together with the core aim of providing the best possible service for clients. Their business success is built on building and supporting a successful team, encouraged to excel and grow as individuals. They provide and encourage training and skills based support which ensures a well-rounded, well-equipped and confident client service.
An outlook and client-centric focus in line with the firms ethos detailed above
A minimum of 3 years experience working in a similar technical role
The role will be autonomous and flexible and therefore the applicant must be able to manage their time and workflows within current turnaround times
Role and Responsibilities
- The core function of this role is to prepare suitability reports for client files
- The focus of this role is on research, written advice and recommendations for the client report
- The Paraplanning role will also play an integral part in the compliance oversight of the business and this role will be developed over time to include assisting the compliance department in all aspects of compliance with in the business.
- Flexible to fit the needs of the business to assist from time to time additional report writing to include preparing and producing client annual review packs.
- Working to current internal timeframes. Thorough and considered reporting is expected to ensure the best results for their clients with the production of suitability reports within an agreed turnaround.
- Strong project management and communication skills are required to manage Adviser expectations to produce a compliant client file in a timely manner.
- Confident liaison with external compliance support provider. This includes monthly file checking procedure and ensuring the Company continues to evolve and develop the written advice in line with FCA guidelines.
- Providing input and contributing to the Company’s quarterly Investment Committee meeting by assisting in the research, ongoing scrutiny and due diligence of funds and providers in the central investment proposition.
- Illustrations and information relating to ceding schemes is provided to the paraplanner by the new business team but the needs of the business will mean that sometimes the Paraplanner will also need to produce this information
Ways of Working
Flexibility and autonomy is inherent to the Company ethos and it is important to ensure all staff can maintain a healthy and happy work life balance. Trust is fundamental to their business and the way they work. Technological infrastructure has been set up to ensure the business can be run seamlessly from home and offsite locations after consideration to the needs of the business. It is important therefore that the person in role can thrive within an environment that is:
- Flexible with regards to working hours and location
- Built around self-motivation and autonomy
- Hybrid working available - 2 days office / 3 from home
Paraplanner, Worcester (BW-1859)