Employee Benefit, Healthcare and Protection Consultant (BW-1794)
We are delighted to be working with an award winning Chartered Financial Planning firm based in East England. As a result of a retirement there is now a vacancy for an experienced Health and Protection Consultant to join the Healthcare Team.
There is an existing portfolio of healthcare and protection schemes to service, develop and grow.
- To contribute to the success of the Healthcare team by sustaining and growing the corporate portfolio of clients
- To deliver high quality health and protection benefit advice to small and medium-sized business enterprises
- To contribute to the success of the business by raising the firm’s profile and making appropriate in-house referrals to generate new income
- Key focus is client work and proposition development for client accounts
- Support the Director of Employee Benefits with input into projects and ideas on Healthcare proposition development
- Ensuring their Corporate Accounts are given a professional and comprehensive service so that they remain with the firm
- Ensuring their Corporate Accounts are aware of all the services provided and generate additional areas of revenue within the account where appropriate
- Additionally, where appropriate, generate new corporate clients
- Some travel required across Suffolk, Norwich, Cambridgeshire and Essex to meet with clients
- Develop trust in the relationships with a portfolio of clients to ensure they do not turn to the competition.
- Strengthen and develop client relationships by listening to client needs and proposing new solutions and additional services. Including referrals to the Employee Benefits team and Private Client Team.
- Liaise with the support team to ensure smooth/timely service delivery.
- Where appropriate, and through existing connections, generate new corporate clients for Healthcare Team or the wider Employee Benefits Team.
- To keep abreast of broader developments in the Employee Benefits field; legislative changes and new product developments, and to keep clients advised of any that are appropriate to their needs or circumstances
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with healthcare providers and insurers.
- To keep up to date with their competitors, direct insurer sales and other intermediaries.
- To explore ways in which membership of private healthcare and protection schemes can be extended, proactively taking the initiative with employee communications.
- Proven track record in and specialist knowledge in Healthcare and Group Risk
- Correct level of professional qualifications and policy knowledge to fulfil the job requirements
- Experience of implementing, servicing and switching Healthcare schemes including ancillary services such as Dental, Cashplans, Travel, EAP etc.
- Making sound judgements and decisions stemming from in depth experience.
- Good presentation skills and the ability to explain concepts clearly
- Communicate clearly to clients, prospects and administration team
- Ability to Meet deadlines and annual renewal dates
- Able to delivery high levels of customer service
- Experience in sales and providing solutions based on customer needs
- Have attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrate fluent verbal, written and presentation skills to maintain the highest standards of clarity and accuracy.
- Team working and flexibility, to promotes the team ethos and act as a role model
- Methodical and organised working practices to meet deadlines
- IT literate, especially specific software and Microsoft products
- Problem solving and negotiation skills
- Competitive salary
- Bonus available for growing the portfolio and generating new business
- 5% Pension Contribution
- Subsidised Healthcare
- Life Cover
- Income Protection
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday + Christmas to New Year shut down + 1 day for Birthday + 1 day for Volunteering (subject to line manager approval)
- Professional Subscriptions, Exams and Study Resources paid for
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Electric Vehicle Scheme