Trainee Paraplanner, North Somerset (BW-1718)
The firm is well established and holding Chartered status commit to the CIIs Code of Ethics and Conduct and are recognised as one of the region’s leading Financial Planning firms.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join this growing business.
On offer is a comprehensive trainee programme whereby they will provide exam support for completing your DipPFS (and through to Chartered), along with personal training and mentorship.
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities
Working in collaboration with the Financial Planner and other colleagues, you will prepare recommendations and produce suitability reports in line with company policy, including implementing recommendations and reviewing the client’s financial affairs and preparing and maintaining client records.
The role will include client risk assessments, research, analysis and product selection, within the remit of financial advisory services.
Many of the advisory clients are looked after from a desk-based approach, using virtual meetings to speak to their Adviser. In between the annual review meetings, clients will be directed to speak to the administration team and/or paraplanning support, so you should expect to be dealing with clients regularly on email/phone calls, providing relevant support and guidance where required and referring to the adviser, when necessary but in a client-supportive way.
- Suitability letter and report-writing, pension, investment and protection services in support of advisors;
- Calculation work, developing experience including pension carry forward, Tapered Annual Allowance, IHT , CGT and income tax calculations, preparing for checking where relevant;
- Managing platform client process from onboarding via IO to create quote and report packs, through to plan completion, set up and confirmation of remuneration;
- Managing project work – e.g., transition reports for acquired client banks moving from existing investment structures/providers/platforms to our preferred solutions; this work will include report processing, document creation and managing the transition set up and completion of process to conclusion;
- Managing time-driven task communications, e.g., ISA/pension top ups, CGT bed and ISA actions for platform clients, which will include client bank assessment for adviser, alongside drafting communication process and following through with relevant suitability letters, actions and completion of process;
- Update and maintain the Client back-office system
Relevant skills and knowledge
- Part/fully PFS diploma qualified
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills, GCSE grades A - C (or 4 - 9)
- Computer Skills – competent in the use of relevant packages including Word and Excel
- Excellent attention to detail, good organisation and time management skills
- A critical thinker and a good problem solver
- Good communication skills both face to face and over the phone
- An ability to work under own initiative and as a team player
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of a firm’s record keeping requirements
- Understanding of the provision of advice to clients in a compliant manner
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Workplace Pension (up to 5% & 5%)
- Group Life Cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Group income Protection,
- Health Cash Plan
- Exam support
- Free parking