IFA Administrator, South Glos
Our client is a long established Financial Advisory practice which specialises in the provision of Wealth Management services for clients across the Southwest. They seek to add an experienced IFA Administrator to join the team and support the business.
Purpose of the role
To support the Partners/advisers in the provision of high quality, accurate and timely administration service, in relation to all product areas within the Financial Services market.
Skills and knowledge
- Excellent inter-personal skills, both written and verbal (with clients and team members).
- Quality management, to be accurate and have attention to detail.
- Excellent time management.
- A good level of competence with Office 365 to include Word, Excel and Outlook together with a good use of Standard Life Wrap, Novia and AJ Bell platforms along with IO experience
- Detailed knowledge of the FCA’s rules and requirements
- Detailed knowledge of the FCA’s and the firm’s record keeping requirements
- Broad knowledge of the financial services sector
- Full FPC/CFP qualified or working towards Diploma Qualification
- Keep up to date with new product, technical or legislative changes within the marketplace
- Always comply with the firm’s Compliance; Training & Competence; Complaints and Data Security policies / procedures
- To ensure that the firm’s clients are treated fairly at all times
- To work as part of a team alongside the firm’s advisers and paraplanners to provide clients with a professional ongoing Financial Planning experience
- Constantly improve the way business is done and put forwards ideas for improvement
- To be results focused, getting the job done in an efficient way through effective time management and task management
- To demonstrate an attitude of “get it right first time”
- To agree and achieve objectives, set at appraisal
- To prepare and maintain client files
- Ensure client correspondence is written in a timely and efficient manner
- Check of file to maintain good order and scan, as required
- To ensure accuracy with maintaining client data in both hardcopy and on the database
- To maintain comprehensive files and filing systems in accordance with GDPR specifications
- To ensure that tasks and workflow are kept up to date in accordance with Company procedures
- Processing letters of authority
- Request quotations on-line through various provider systems
- Liaison with insurers and third parties
- Process switches
- Process business from proposal to policy document stage
- Request investment valuations
- Provision of generic information to clients