Paraplanner, South Gloucestershire (BW-1325)
We are pleased to represent one of the area's most successful Financial Planning firms as they look to add a Paraplanner to their team.
Having been established for over 20 years, they have built a reputation based on trust, integrity and top levels of financial advice to an ever-growing network of clients across the Southwest.
The business has a strong support team of technically acute administrators and Paraplanners and are directly authorised.
They are looking for an experienced Paraplanner to support the Partners/advisers in the provision of high quality, accurate report writing and research in relation to all product areas within the Financial Services market
Skills and knowledge
- Excellent inter-personal skills, both written and verbal (with clients and team members)
- Excellent report writing skills
- Quality management, to be accurate and have attention to detail.
- Excellent time management.
- A good level of competence with Office 365 to include Word, Excel and Outlook together with a good use of internet utilising various research websites.
- Detailed knowledge of the FCA’s rules and requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of the FCA’s and the firm’s record keeping requirements.
- Broad knowledge of the financial services sector.
- High level of technical knowledge.
- Diploma Qualified or significant progress towards reaching this.
- Keep up-to-date with new product, technical or legislative changes within the marketplace
- Comply with the firm’s Compliance; Training & Competence; Complaints and Data Security policies / procedures
- To work as part of a team alongside the firm’s advisers and administrators to provide clients with a professional ongoing Financial Planning experience.
- To constantly seek to improve the way business is done through analysis, creativity, problem solving and change initiatives.
- To be results focused, getting the job done in an efficient way through effective time management, task and financial management.
- To demonstrate an attitude of “get it right first time”
- To prepare and maintain client files
- Ensure reports are written in a timely and efficient manner
- Check all paperwork / information is available to ensure that the client file meets the FCA’s rules and requirements
- Discuss the client’s needs and objectives with the relevant
- To maintain comprehensive files and filing systems in accordance with GDPR specifications
- To prepare recommendations
- Undertake research to identify suitable solutions to meet the client’s needs and objectives
- Prepare information for analysis by the adviser
- Prepare draft recommendation report
- Discuss draft recommendation report with the relevant adviser
- Obtain ‘sign-off’ by the relevant adviser
- To implement recommendations
- Prepare suitability reports in accordance with the agreed recommendations
- Complete application / proposal forms
- Ensure all compliance paperwork is in order
- Implement the chosen / agreed investment strategies
- To undertake client reviews
- Act as main point of contact and deal effectively with queries from clients and other parties
- Establish and build strong relationships with clients, attending meetings where required
- Organise future planning meetings with clients, in accordance with agree timescales
- Review investment portfolio, asset allocation, risk profile etc (where required)
- 4 x DIS benefit
- Group Personal Pension
- Annual holiday is 20 days (rising to 23 after 3 years of service and 25 after 5 years of service)
- Discretionary bonus
- Free parking