This is an opportunity to join a well-regarded Wealth Management firm that delivers financial advice to private and corporate clients. You will provide the advisers with paraplanning support to ensure the highest possible standard of client service delivery that is consistent and compliant.
As well as the firm’s Financial Advisers, you will work with the IFA Administrators playing a key role in providing an all-important, quality sales support function through effective use of software, as well as following set processes and procedures.
Review fact finds, file notes, client risk profile questionnaires as provided by the Financial Advisers. Undertake quotes using relevant in-house platforms or request quotes from external providers.
Complete research and analysis, including:
- Fund research and analysis
- Product comparison and analysis
- Charges analysis
- Compile suitability reports detailing the recommended advice to suit each client’s needs
- Discuss the reports with the Financial Adviser, amending as and where necessary
- Instruct the IFA Administrator to proceed with client pack preparation
- Pre-populate client application forms ready for the Adviser to discuss with the client
- Record, monitor and report on progress, completing the weekly logs to enable the Senior Paraplanner to review workflow across the team
- Report obstacles and deviations from the agreed timescales to the Financial Adviser and IFA Administrator, so that client expectations are appropriately managed
Experience & skills
- Hold the Level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning (or equivalent professional qualification)
- At least 3 years paraplanning experience
- Working knowledge of and proficiency in research tools such as O&M, FE Analytics, Avelo Exchange, Voyant & Distribution Technology, Capita Product comparator
- Experience of Discretionary Fund Managers and Model Portfolios
- Experience working with templated suitability reports
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- High attention to detail and client confidentiality
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications