Paraplanner, London (BW-1181)
We have a great opportunity to join a busy office of one of the country’s most well recognised Financial Planning brands. Based out of its Central London office, you will join a dynamic firm that will support you with further qualifications and career development.
The role comes with a competitive salary and range of employee benefits!
Your Key Skills and Personal Attributes
- A commercial awareness of the cost of writing new business and delivering advice.
- Ability to demonstrate a high quality and valued service to advisers.
- Comfortable working in a highly regulated environment
- Desire to maintain a knowledge of the industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well organised, excellent telephone manner and able to prioritise.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook.
- Ability to multi-task, work to tight deadlines and remain calm and focused under pressure.
- Highly numerate and analytical, able to solve problems.
- Team player who can work independently and collaboratively with different teams.
- Ability to follow processes & offer advice on where processes could be improved.
- Solution orientated, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Honesty, integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Hard working and responsive to the need to deliver a high-quality support service.
- Attention to detail and high standards of work
- Minimum Level 4 qualified, with a desire to work towards Level 6 Chartered status
- Knowledge and experience of paraplanning pre and post retirement scenarios (including pension transfers), investments and taxation
- Proven track record of conducting research and writing quality recommendation reports, that are client friendly and meet compliance requirements, for HNW clients
- Knowledge and experience of SIPP providers permitted investments and specialist funds
- Knowledge and experience of research tools such as Selectapension, AdvisaCenta, Assureweb, Defaqto, Trustnet, Analytics as well as Intelligent Office
- Confident having challenging conversations with advisers and being able to influence
- Knowledge and experience of more complicated advice such as Defined Benefit pension transfers and structured investments
- Experience of producing strategy reports
- Track record of developing relationships with providers and leveraging these when required
- Able to assist with training and coaching of junior members of staff where necessary